Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Help loading more than one mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 1:09:56 AM
I'm fairly new to this game and to the forum, and I'm an obsessive modder. Recently, I picked up the Imperium Aeturna, EndlessGenetics, and Evil's improved AI mods but I'm having trouble getting them to do what I want. The game's loader will not allow the loading of more than one mod, and merging the file folders together doesn't work either as the game just ignores the files that weren't included in the original mod's folder. Can anyone shed some light on this?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 1:55:51 AM
As long as the files that are being used with the mods are not conflicting with one another, you will have to edit the index file for the combined mod to include all those files under the game database section. Make sure standalone=false as well. Hopefully that helps.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 1, 2012, 12:07:40 PM
Vairar wrote:
I'm fairly new to this game and to the forum, and I'm an obsessive modder. Recently, I picked up the Imperium Aeturna, EndlessGenetics, and Evil's improved AI mods but I'm having trouble getting them to do what I want. The game's loader will not allow the loading of more than one mod, and merging the file folders together doesn't work either as the game just ignores the files that weren't included in the original mod's folder. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Merging them is a fairly simple process - but bear in mind that some mods modify the same files and will conflict. You need to pick one mod as a base and copy the other mod files into that mod - and add them in the index.xml file to the correct Repositories. You'll also have to double check that the mods have no conflicts and don't inadvertently mod the same things somewhere. Just because the file names are different doesn't guarantee they aren't touching the same game elements.

Imperium Aeterna (my mod) is slowly but steadily receiving more AI changes to ensure the AI copes with the changes introduced by the mod. Adding other AI changes to this will lead to unexpected results. I've *not* touched the Diplomacy side of things yet, so Ail's AI changes should for the most part be compatible. Building and Ship Design however, is a different story.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment