Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Help! I can't figure out how to run a mod!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 8:05:17 PM
Ok, not quite sure if i am posting this in the right area, but I need help figuring out how to add the Imperium Aeterna mod. I followed the instructions they state on the mods homepage, but when i go to apply the mod, it doesn't show up. I am running windows XP, so I feel like i might be missing something, considering their step-by-step guide is for windows 7.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 8:37:54 PM
Please confirm what value you have typed into the steam launch properties field, and please confirm you have installed the mod into the directory (My documents)\Endless Space\Modding.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 9:32:26 PM
I followed the instructions, and even made sure that my values for steam launch properties were correct, but no mod shows up. I went through and put the Modding folder I was told to create into the specific Endless Space folder in My Documents (I had originally put it into the Steam common data folder for ES) and still no luck :L
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 11:12:42 PM
When you click on the "mods" button in the main menu, do you see the mod listed? You should always see one "mod" called Endless Space, which is the actual game. Do you also see the installed mod? If so, can you launch it this way? Perhaps there is a spelling difference between what you put into the steam properties and the actual name of the directory.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 11:30:41 PM
Propagate11235 wrote:
I followed the instructions, and even made sure that my values for steam launch properties were correct, but no mod shows up. I went through and put the Modding folder I was told to create into the specific Endless Space folder in My Documents (I had originally put it into the Steam common data folder for ES) and still no luck :L

It should work fine, regardless of the fact you don't have Win 7. The instructions should be pretty much the same, but I wasn't sure on the exact folder location in Windows XP as I don't have a Win XP machine readily available to test this.

In Win 7 the mod should be located as such:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Endless Space\Modding\ImperiumAeterna

with Steam launch option:

+mod ImperiumAeterna
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 1:27:55 AM
EvilTactician wrote:

+mod ImperiumAeterna

i was about to ask on the forums how to boot directly straight into a mod, thanks smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 3:54:08 AM
EvilTactician wrote:
It should work fine, regardless of the fact you don't have Win 7. The instructions should be pretty much the same, but I wasn't sure on the exact folder location in Windows XP as I don't have a Win XP machine readily available to test this.

In Win 7 the mod should be located as such:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Endless Space\Modding\ImperiumAeterna

+mod ImperiumAeterna

sigh... the file i got from the Imperium Aeterna homepage didnt have it all bundled into a single folder, just the files in the zippy, and i didn't make the ImperiumAetera folder...

derp... now it works just fine.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 9:15:49 AM
Propagate11235 wrote:
sigh... the file i got from the Imperium Aeterna homepage didnt have it all bundled into a single folder, just the files in the zippy, and i didn't make the ImperiumAetera folder...

derp... now it works just fine.

That's not how I have archived the files. I just tried and it extracts into ImperiumAeterna by itself just fine - exactly like it should?

Step 5. in the installation instructions also provides an example of what the folder structure should look like, just in case someone uses a different method to extract the archive.

Glad it works now though smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment