Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[RELEASED] racial diversity mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 4:20:38 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I do not know how to fix the bug. Since the 1.0.38 release contains a revised orporate hero, the only feature in the current version is the UE fleet repair mod. I probably won't update the mod to the current version.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 2:51:42 PM
Perhaps an anomaly called "habitable planet" or "ordinary weather conditions" or some such, with a 0% malus? (I've seen a couple cases in the XML files where you HAVE to have an effect or an unlock, you can't just use a placeholder)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 1:35:01 AM
Well it's a great start, but there's a lot more that could be done to diversify the different factions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 4:24:47 AM
Harel55 wrote:
Well it's a great start, but there's a lot more that could be done to diversify the different factions.

I agree. Please share your ideas here.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 4:27:49 AM
Suggestion:

even if you can't speak french and german still fill those folders.

I am quite sure that even for french people: Industrial-Academic Partnerships 1 makes more sense than %HeroAbilityCorporate04Title
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 4:36:52 AM
When I imagine the Cravers, I imagine them very invasive and relentless. Perhaps they and the Hisso should get some extra warfare upgrades to make them more formidable? At the same time, you would need to offset this by making the other races able to fend them off with their own special traits.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 4:39:26 AM
Hupailija wrote:
Suggestion: even if you can't speak french and german still fill those folders.

There are five languages, but I take your point. That is a good idea, which I will put into the next release.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 4:57:50 AM
If you simply place the text in without the % in front it bypasses the localization entirely
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 5:03:47 AM
Crymson wrote:
If you simply place the text in without the % in front it bypasses the localization entirely

Thanks, I did do that with the ship template names like Falcon instead of Medium1HisshoTemplates. The template names don't seem to pass through localization. I'd rather avoid that, since the names "could" be localized in the future if they are kept in the localization xml file.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 2:01:24 PM
Crymson wrote:

This brings annoying problem if you do this with say Traits and stuff like that.

It's "prettier" to direct it via localization files.

(if you wonder what I'm speaking compare my compilation mod screenshots and endless dream screenshots... later are "prettier" in empire screen).

Althouth it takes more effort it's worth it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 2:25:59 PM
davea wrote:
Known bug: "scissors" reduction icon does not appear unless the planet has some kind of anomaly already.

Set the anomaly chance too 100% and add an anomaly that does nothing, with a 60% chance of that anomaly.

[code]D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public\Plugins\GalaxyGenerator\GalaxySettings.xml[/code]

I don't know if you can add an new anomaly though, without it existing. (as in add planetanomaly51 to the list).

Then you should add 51 to this list.

[Code]D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public\Simulation\Anomaly.xml[/code]
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 2:38:51 PM
adder wrote:
Set the anomaly chance too 100% and add an anomaly that does nothing, with a 60% chance of that anomaly

That is a very interesting workaround. It is easy to add anomalies, there are two mods in the shopping mall already which do this. But, I would have to try an invisible one, in order to make sure that there are no player-visible side effects. Also, the "60" you mention is actually a weight, not a percentage despite the xml field name. So some math would be required to make sure that the number of real anomalies in the game remained the same. And the math would change, if somebody added a number of new anomalies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 12:30:06 AM
This mod contains a number of changes which I feel add diversity to the races in the game. The idea is to make each race different enough, that a player will find it interesting to replay as each different race. This description is for version 1.0.27-04 (note serial 04) released October 5, 2012.

Disclaimer

• USE WITH VERSION 1.0.27 ONLY.
  • This content is not Amplitude's, so this mod is installed at your own risk.
  • Text changes are for English language only. The mod will work in other languages but the English text will be present.
  • The icons for the custom UE technologies are orange, but they are not the right ones.

Contents

• Corporate hero

• These changes attempt to make the corporate hero more useful in the early game, so people who don't get an initial admin hero won't feel bad.
    • Add Deal Closer: requires Negotiator 1, gives -50% buyout bonus on system (great for early game!)
    • Reduce Savvy Business chain to a single ability, requires Negotiator 2, gives +5% per wit to trade bonuses
    • Change prerequisite of Industrial-Academic Partnership (+20% science). It was buried under Dust Wielder, move it under Negotiator 1. Change effect to flat +25 science on empire.
    • Add I-A Partnership 2, requires IA1, gives +20% science on system
    • Change prerequisite of Value Creator 1 from Negotiator 3 to Negotiator 2.
    • Change prerequisite of Efficient Schooling from Director 1 to Director 2. This is a minor decrease in power for the admin hero.

• United Empire: improved fleet repair modules. Very large size, very slow, but very effective. Build fleet tender ships and keep them just behind your frontier.

Installation

• Download this zip file: racial-diversity-04.zip
  • Unzip into (my documents)\Endless Space\Modding. This will create a new directory (my documents)\Endless Space\Modding\racial-diversity containing a file index.xml and several subdirectories.
  • In the main game menu, click the MODS button, find the mod "Racial Diversity", select it and click load.
  • To keep the mod loaded: find "Endless Space" in the Steam Library, right click, select properties, and click the "set launch options" button. Add "+mod racial-diversity" to the game launch command line.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 3:32:49 PM
davea wrote:
That is a very interesting workaround. It is easy to add anomalies, there are two mods in the shopping mall already which do this. But, I would have to try an invisible one, in order to make sure that there are no player-visible side effects. Also, the "60" you mention is actually a weight, not a percentage despite the xml field name. So some math would be required to make sure that the number of real anomalies in the game remained the same. And the math would change, if somebody added a number of new anomalies.

Ah, didn't knew it was weight. But well, the possibility to work around the problem is there. Thats a start. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 4:38:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

a. Instead of a screenshot, it is easier to look in (steam dir)\Endless Space\EndlessSpace_data/output_log.txt, and paste text into a file. The particular message in your screenshot is a very generic one. There may be other useful messages in output_log.txt.

b. Can you indicate which, of the many files you changed in the zip? I am sure it is obvious to you, but not to me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 4:47:17 PM
adder wrote:
Hmmm.. I tried to add it but I keep getting this error:

click

here's my zip.

Gave it a read. Looks like you did exactly what I would have. The only thing I can think of is perhaps anomalies are hardcoded to have anomaly reductions, so it may be complaining that it can't find a reference to 'PlanetAnomaly51Reduction1' or something? You might also try a non-zero value for your SimlationObjectPropertyModifierDescriptor value.

Davea - most of them are custom to some extent, but Anomaly.xml, PlanetDescriptor.xml, GalaxySettings.xml, and the localizations seem to be the most relevant.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 4:53:39 PM
Unfortunately you cannot simply add plugins/galaxygenerator/galaxysettings.xml. You would think this should work, but it does not. For files in the plugin directory, you must add *all* the files. Please take a look at the setup of my more anomalies mod. Please first copy the entire contents of plugins/galaxygenerator into the mod; and *then* make your change.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 4:55:37 PM
a)

[CODE]HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost

[Game] Disposing(True)...

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d9c061b1c154f5ae/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Game.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in :0

at Game.Dispose () [0x00000] in :0

at GameManager.ReleaseGame (.GameSaveDescriptor gameSaveDescriptor) [0x00000] in :0

at ApplicationState_CreateGame.Run () [0x00000] in :0

at FiniteStateMachine.Update () [0x00000] in :0

at Application.Update () [0x00000] in :0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d9c061b1c154f5ae/Runtime/Misc/Player.cpp Line: 1607)

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost

[NetworkManager] OnDestroy: was destroyed, forcing disposal...

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d9c061b1c154f5ae/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)

[NetworkManager] Disposing(False)...

[NetworkManager] Disconnect: disconnecting...

(panic(True)), (post(False))

[NetworkManager] Disconnect: disconnecting...

(panic(False)), (post(False))

[NetworkManager] Disconnect: unbinding game callbacks...

[NetworkManager] Disconnect: releasing client callbacks...

[NetworkManager] Disconnect: releasing server callbacks...

[Session] RemovePlayer: player 'Adder' was removed.

[Player] Disposing(True)... disposing of player Adder

[Session] RemovePlayer: player '[AI] Space Raiders' was removed.

[Player] Disposing(True)... disposing of player [AI] Space Raiders

[Session] RemovePlayer: player '[AI] #1' was removed.

[Player] Disposing(True)... disposing of player [AI] #1

[Session] RemovePlayer: player '[AI] #2' was removed.

[Player] Disposing(True)... disposing of player [AI] #2

[Session] RemovePlayer: player '[AI] #3' was removed.

[Player] Disposing(True)... disposing of player [AI] #3

[NetworkManager] Disconnect: unbinding game callbacks...

[NetworkManager] Disconnect: releasing client callbacks...

[NetworkManager] Disconnect: releasing server callbacks...

[NetworkManager] Dispose: unbinding callbacks...

[NetworkManager] Dispose: releasing shared callbacks...

[NetworkManager] OnDestroy: steam shutdown...

[Application] OnDestroy: was destroyed, forcing disposal...

[Application] Disposing(True)...

[Game] Disposing(False)...

[Session] Disposing(False)...

[/CODE]

[HR][/HR]

b)

racial-diversity-01\racial-diversity\Plugins\GalaxyGenerator\GalaxySettings (added, was not in the mod originally) (changed lines 904, 965, 1019, 1073, 1127, 1181, 1235, 1288, 1343, 1397, 1451, 1505, 1558, 1613)

racial-diversity-01\racial-diversity\Simulation\Anomaly (added, was not in the mod originally) (changed lines 403 --> 409)

racial-diversity-01\racial-diversity\Simulation\PlanetDescriptor (changed lines 745 --> 750)

racial-diversity-01\racial-diversity\Localization\english\racial-diversity (added lines 15 - 16)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 5:08:01 PM
Please first copy the entire contents of plugins/galaxygenerator into the mod; and *then* make your change.

I managed to make it work now, only on the home systems, no anomalies are shown (which is normal).

Will fix that now and post the zip then.

EDIT:

This'll take a little more time, as I need to add that the anomaly can be deleted by the scissors.

EDIT 2:

Ok, I'm failing on this. But I'll keep trying until it is fixed. (everything works, but the scissors just don't show up..)

EDIT 3:

This is what I have so far, doesn't work yet but I'm going to sleep.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment