Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sci-Fi's Greatest hits: a mashup mod! Anyone interested?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 5:55:19 AM
So I see some rumblings about some of the standard sci-fi mods; Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.

Well I was thinking We could take the best of all worlds and feature them all in one mod, with each franchise as a faction! And hey, we could have one faction be for "the underdogs" of sci-fi: great shows that got canned before their time (Firefly, Farscape, Lexx, whatever).

I should point out that my modding experience is limited as I've only had the game for four days, but I think I understand the fundamental mechanics of it. I could help, but my skills are FAR from the level required for a full blown faction/graphics overhaul like this. Is anyone interested in having some fun with this?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 6:11:32 AM
When ever i've seen such a mod in other game's i can't help but cringe a little smiley: alder
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 7:37:36 AM
Hell, even on a purely "work-based" level I think that'd be a total nightmare to deal with in Endless Space. In Dawn of War, it's pretty much just copying and pasting folders - easy peasy. But all the XMLs and dependancies, alterations, etc... I think it'd be a colossal undertaking with ES.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 12:17:12 PM
It would a nice experiment but it would take a huge amount of work to put into practice.

But I second the idea.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment