Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mod Idea, not sure how do able it would be

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 25, 2012, 8:03:53 PM
Hey all!, from what I’ve played so far, Endless Space is a solid 4X games, and, on top of that, one that allows modding. I’m a big fan of game mods and was wondering the possibility of a mod I had in mind, many of the things are probably doable but there are a few things that might be difficult/impossible

I don’t have much modding experience, and this is beyond my ability to do alone, so, I was wondering what you guys thought.

“Unnamed Mod”

Goals:

-Faster Tech Progression, Information technologies often give research bonuses

-ability to research multiple techs at once?

-Tech “options” that help make each race unique in the tech it has?

-All vanilla races are revealed to be of human origin, and are just genetically modified (with the exception of the amoebas) however, a few new factions are of alien origin

-Completely redone tech tree

-Rare resources such as ionic crystals etc., changed?

-Space warfare longer ranged, harder to hit, more damage

-Space travel requires resources?

Redone Technology tree

Early game Techs include: AI, Genetic augmentation, most genetic/computer techs, nanotechnology, relativistic drives, self-replicating spacecraft

Midgame techs include: Quantum computers, brain uploading (allows much more space on ships), immortality, Alumbiri Drive (FTL travel, but just barely), Matter manipulation technologies, Superintelligence, Microscopic wormhole creation, universal assmblers, grey goo weapons, ability to turn planets into Jupiter brains

Late game techs include: Jump Drives (allow instantaneous FTL travel to nearby stars), Artificial gravity, energy shields, star detonation weapons, planet destruction weapons, Temporal manipulation (huge boost to science), oracle machines (more huge boosts to science), Dyson spheres? wormhole construction

New Civilizations

Post humanity: A race of uploaded humans specializing in economic and technological development, they begin with high information technology but tend not to enjoy leaving their home systems until they discover microscopic wormholes allowing them to check their Facebook status from light-years away

The Republic: a neutral version of the empire, less militaristic, slow ships, better at diplomacy

The Frozen ones: An ancient civilization, like the amoebas, they start out with a lot of knowledge about the galaxy, they however are very, very slow (and possibly never develop FTL travel) however, they start with very high levels of technology due to being millions of years old however, technology takes MUCH longer for them to research due to their slow speed of thought

L’jhui: A race of creatures resembling a cross between a bird, an ape, and a shrimp the L’jhui are a diplomatic empire with high population growth

The Joyous Union: a multi-species hive mind that is highly imperialistic, they find unhappiness to be a horrific thing so, if they find an enemy planet is not happy, they will invade and assimilate the planet into their massive orgy of fun and happiness. The joyous union is very hard to make unhappy, and if they are unhappy they start losing population due to suicide, this quickly causes a train reaction that can kill all union members on the planet

So, eh, would any of this be possible? I could go into more detail if you would like.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 26, 2012, 12:12:14 AM
Yep you could do this, but don't expect people to do it for you!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 26, 2012, 1:26:15 AM
Endless Space is a great game to get into modding. Its easy and its not that hard. Read some of the modding tutorials and start small and you will learn how to mod more complicated things. If the mod doesn't work keep trying because the human mind will EVENTUALLY find a solution. Another thing, do you know how to texture ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 26, 2012, 1:33:23 AM
Yeah, another good way to learn how to mod is to deconstruct the different files, and look at how all the component parts fit together (Like a proper gremlin). smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 26, 2012, 2:07:47 AM
Sounds good, I looked through the tutorials and through some of the files and it does look doable, I'm going to do some experimentation first, then I'll do the tech tree, traits and races.

I don't know how to texture yet, but textures will probably come after I get the other stuff done
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment