Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Halo Factions [Name to come later]

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 17, 2012, 3:19:17 PM
I work on a mod for another game and as a result I have a ton of models from the UNSC and Covenant factions. Models are usually less than 7000 poly, textures are 2048x2048, in obj format.

Example model:

So how difficult would it be to get these in game? I'm not ready to fully commit to a mod for Endless Space just yet, because the other mod isn't done, but I am willing to discuss and make connections here for future inclusion. Exploratory phase, if you will.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 17, 2012, 3:44:59 PM
Having more ship models would be great. Please see this exact post for instructions on how to add ship models:

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16353-tutorials-for-modding-es

Please see these threads, and their authors, in case you have more questions:

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/15909-beta-sheredyn-ship-mod

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/15853-model-aurora-space-ship-model

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/15857-adding-ships-into-es-help
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 17, 2012, 7:24:58 PM
Aye, I absolutely LOVE the Halo universe (And unsuccessfully tried to wedge in to Dawn of War). If it isn't too much work, please do put these in!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 26, 2012, 12:06:31 AM
I don't have the time to put these in game myself, but I'd love to see how one looks. Does anyone else want to try it out if I provide the model?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 26, 2012, 1:21:23 AM
Hello i am currently working on the mass effect mod which you could check out here (http://www.moddb.com/mods/endless-effect) and would kindly do a demonstration on it. The good thing about Halo is that the battles already suit the halo universe (kind of) I would do it in the next free time i have (its not like i have any plans)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 26, 2012, 5:45:15 AM
Hey guys, I'm the other admin for Sins of the Prophets. Liking the game and community so far based on what I've seen, definitely would be curious to see where development could take us.

Any word on the poly limits and what types of texture maps ES uses, though? SotP models are generally a little high poly compared to many Space Strategy games.

Model import process seems fairly simple too, which is nice.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment