Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Need little help - Quick question on weapon modules

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 30, 2012, 5:16:40 PM
Are the stats for weapon modules hard-coded?

I wanted to make missiles fire faster, at the same rate as laser/kinetic but none of my changes took.

Assuming that I couldn't change a basic mechanic like that, I settled for just toying about with weapon strength stat changes... again, nothing.

My mod folder is certainly working as my other changes to affinities/hulls/etc are loading just fine.

Just appears that changes in the weaponmodule.xml dont stick or, at least, arent being read. smiley: frown

Am i missing something really simple here? or have i hit a hardcoded wall...?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 30, 2012, 6:00:28 PM
Several mods have changed this, so it must be possible. Check for syntax errors in output_log.txt?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 30, 2012, 7:11:01 PM
davea wrote:
Several mods have changed this, so it must be possible. Check for syntax errors in output_log.txt?

Lots of stuff in there but nothing that looks connected to my issue; i'll have a look around, see if i can find one of these mods, download it and compare/contrast, see if i can figure out what i'm missing... thx anyway.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 30, 2012, 7:23:18 PM
quick update: turns out, I was overlooking the index.xml. The one in my mod folder wasn't making the 'repository' call to my modded file location.

totally my bad; up to this point, the very minor modding tweaks i've implemented never went beyond the basic files already called so i never even knew this would be necessary.

Thanks for letting me know that it was actually possible, Davea; sometimes that's half the fight, right there...
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 31, 2012, 12:48:21 AM
That does remind me, what updates where there in ships, battle cards and ship modules anyway? smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 31, 2012, 1:55:57 AM
There were a huge number of updates. The best way to find this is to diff the xml files. The release notes do not usually contain every detail.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment