Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Question regarding EMP battle card

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 16, 2013, 8:45:22 AM
In the Simulation/BattleCardDescriptor.xml file, the mechanics for the EMP battle card work differently than the mechanics for all other battle cards that affect a fleet's defense (i.e., antimissles, shields, deflectors).

Here's an example of the modifications of a standard "card that affects a fleet's defense":

[CODE]

[/CODE]

Note that the TargetProperty is "Absorption" for shields and "DeflectionPerTurn" for deflectors. Along with the TargetProperty of "InterceptionAccuracy" for antimissles, this is how all of the other battle cards modify a fleet's defense, except for the EMP battle card.

EMP works like this:

[CODE]

[/CODE]

Does anyone know why EMP is different, and what "DamageMin" and "DamageMax" do to defensive values? I understand what they do to weapon damage, but I have no idea what effect they have on defenses.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 17, 2013, 1:57:04 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, EMP boosts your own stuff by upping your damage on Missiles and Beam, doesn't it? I assume the Damage Min and Damage Max are there to boost them by 20% each.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 17, 2013, 2:29:09 AM
Romeo wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, EMP boosts your own stuff by upping your damage on Missiles and Beam, doesn't it?

I appreciate your reply, but I think you are mistaken. Note that it says "DefenseModule,Laser" and "DefenseModule,Missle". Cards that up your damage have "WeaponModule,Laser" and so on. Also, I just double-checked the Simulation/BattleCard.xml file, and EMP definitely affects the opponent's ships, and not your own ships.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 17, 2013, 3:22:31 AM
burlsifu wrote:
I appreciate your reply, but I think you are mistaken. Note that it says "DefenseModule,Laser" and "DefenseModule,Missle". Cards that up your damage have "WeaponModule,Laser" and so on. Also, I just double-checked the Simulation/BattleCard.xml file, and EMP definitely affects the opponent's ships, and not your own ships.

Right, but if your opponent takes 20% more damage, it would achieve the effect of boosting your damage, non?

If they take 20% from Beams and Missiles. That would be my understanding, in any case. Try tweaking it. Make it excessively high, play a match, see what happens. Repeat until figured out.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 17, 2013, 5:59:47 AM
Radioactive_Piranha wrote:
Their shields are 20% less effective, they don't take 20% more damage. It isn't the same thing.

Hi Radioactive_Piranha,

Thank you for your reply. What is the difference between this:

[CODE][/CODE]

and this:

[CODE]

[/CODE]

That's what I'm not understanding. All of the other cards that buff/nerf defenses uses the former style, while only EMP uses the latter style.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 17, 2013, 5:07:38 PM
Don't want to cause false alarm but this might be hinting to be a bug.

Defense-Modules shouldn't even have the Property DamageMin and DamageMax so one could assume the Card does nothing.

We need a Dev to look at it. He either can explain it, which would be interesting to hear, or has to admit that this, indeed, is a bug.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 17, 2013, 5:44:29 PM
Meedoc wrote:
It was a mistake. It's fixed now. Thank you for reporting =)

Great to hear! Thanks to everyone for their comments on this issue. :-D
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment