Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Question about presenting a Localization (text) mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 24, 2013, 10:51:11 PM
Hello all,

I'm finishing up a mod that simply standardizes the tooltip language for the Battle Cards. Therefore, this is only a change to the English Localization xml file.

What's the best way to present this to the community?

1. As a full mod, with all of the xml files that weren't changed included?

2. As a standalone=false mod (as per davea's explanation here: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16353-tutorials-for-modding-es )?

3. As just the English Localization_Locales.xml file?

4. As just a text file containing the lines to add to the Localization_Locales.xml file?

Thanks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 24, 2013, 11:14:32 PM
I would put it up as just the xml-file for other modders or Amplitude to include in their mods or the game.

So that's "3." in my opinion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 25, 2013, 1:00:27 AM
5. Create a short xml file containing the full syntax of the lines you have added, and call it burlsifu_fixed.xml. Players can put this into their game install directory without overwriting any existing files. The game should pick up all xml files from the localization directory, starting with the standard game file, and applying any other files later. If the later files redefine an existing string, the later value will be kept.

FWIW, you can also post your suggested text here, and there is a good chance it will be put into the next version of the game:

/#/endless-space/forum/35-tech-support/thread/15379-text-errors
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment