Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

How to install mods on a mac.

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 20, 2013, 4:00:58 PM
It is a little hard to tell what is missing based on your description. Are you sure that the mod you are installing, is under a directory called Modding which is adjacent to your saved game directory? So, if you have a save game something/Endless Space/Save/mysave.bin, you should also have a file called something/Endless Space/Modding/Mod Name/index.xml, where "Mod Name" is the name of the mod. Next, when you go into the mod selection panel of the game, do you see the mod? What happens when you click on it?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 20, 2013, 4:56:51 PM

I believe that I have found my problem, I can't find my save file folder. I have saves but when i go to the endless space folder on Steam all that shows up is launch icon for endless space and the soundtrack.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 20, 2013, 6:22:52 PM
I don't know much about macs, but the folder is not on the steam "cloud". It is on your local disk.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 29, 2013, 5:41:50 PM
I have found the save folder in the in the ~library/application support/endless space. However mods still do not show up in the mod load screen. Any other mac users out there who know how to load mods?

I believe that I have found my problem, I can't find my save file folder. I have saves but when i go to the endless space folder on Steam all that shows up is launch icon for endless space and the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 30, 2013, 10:10:56 AM
ngebhard wrote:
I have found the save folder in the in the ~library/application support/endless space. However mods still do not show up in the mod load screen. Any other mac users out there who know how to load mods?

I believe that I have found my problem, I can't find my save file folder. I have saves but when i go to the endless space folder on Steam all that shows up is launch icon for endless space and the soundtrack.

I just checked:

• In your user library: Application Support\Endless Space: you will find your saves and the modding folder (which you need to create to install mods - Create this folder, name it "modding" and copy paste the mod you want)
  • In your user library again: Steam > Steamapps > Common > Endless Space: you will find the launch icon and the soundtrack. You will not find your saves nor the modding folder here.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 10:46:51 PM
In your user library: Application Support\Endless Space: you will find your saves and the modding folder (which you need to create to install mods - Create this folder, name it "modding" and copy paste the mod you want)

I added the modding folder and copied in the mod I wanted to use per your instructions above, however when the game launches and I go to the mod load screen nothings shows up. No Joy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 6, 2013, 1:40:37 AM
To double check again, do you have a file modding//index.xml? The most common problem is installing at the wrong level of the folder hierarchy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 6, 2013, 4:42:16 PM
davea wrote:
To double check again, do you have a file modding//index.xml? The most common problem is installing at the wrong level of the folder hierarchy.

Mac's have a different file structure as they are based on unix. I have added the modding folder and Mod to the User library:Application Support\Endless Space per direction from Steph'nie above. For some reason I cant seem to paste a Print screen into this response box to show you how it looks.

The mod I was trying to add is GalaxyGenerator. I will go back and see if perhaps the mod is outdated and doesn't work with the current version of ES.

Thanks
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 6, 2013, 10:48:24 PM
I don't know specifically which mod you mean. Is it listed in the mod shopping mall sticky thread? If not, then 99% likely it is not compatible with the current game. With, perhaps one or two exceptions, that thread lists every mod for ES.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 7, 2013, 2:28:59 PM
davea wrote:
I don't know specifically which mod you mean. Is it listed in the mod shopping mall sticky thread? If not, then 99% likely it is not compatible with the current game. With, perhaps one or two exceptions, that thread lists every mod for ES.

Yes I found it in the Shopping Mall. see below. Perhaps the issue is 1.0.46 vice current version of 1.0.49.

Alternativ Galaxy Generator

Current Version: 0.4.0

Testet with ES: 1.0.46

Main Features:

speed

change of arms a galaxy will have.

4 galaxy types (1 new)

resource balancing

More infos at: http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...laxy-Generator
0Send private message
?

Click here to login