Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

StackedOverProduction question.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 12, 2013, 2:23:56 PM
How does it work exactly? I'm considering altering this so all races can have some stacked production (less than the automaton but more than the game normally allow), but i'm not sure how to change it without altering the gameplay too much. Anyone experimented with it?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 12, 2013, 2:35:02 PM
All factions have one turn of stacked industry. If you want to see this in action, start a game and immediately end your turn. 2nd turn build something. It will use the industry from the previous turn immediately. The same is true for science. Automaton s have 5 turn of this, so if you change this much, automaton s become less special.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 12, 2013, 3:09:22 PM
Affinity wrote:
All factions have one turn of stacked industry. If you want to see this in action, start a game and immediately end your turn. 2nd turn build something. It will use the industry from the previous turn immediately. The same is true for science. Automaton s have 5 turn of this, so if you change this much, automaton s become less special.

Alright, never really used that feature before as i tried to keep all my systems busy doing something. Well, doesn't seem that useful, we are better off stacking dust or research instead...

Btw, automatons do make interest on unused production, it's that combined with the high stack limit that makes them special, not just the 5 turn limit. Giving a higher stack limit but no interest still leave the automatons special.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 12, 2013, 4:57:11 PM
well, unless you're the automatons, you're not meant to "use" the stacked industry, it is meant as a buffer to prevent you from losing a bunch of industry when the queue finishes, and gives you one turn to start something else before you actually lose industry. So 99% of the time keeping them busy is better.

And yes, automatons do get interest smiley: stickouttongue 5% isn't much though until you get the +15% upgrade
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment