Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding Question - Research GUI

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 6, 2013, 12:30:56 AM
I had started to mod Endless Space recently because I had reached the end of the game several times with my "mass-expansion" race, and I was planning to add quite a bit of technologies so I will never (and I mean never) run out of research. One issue I ran into was that I couldn't find the file that was capable to extend the view range or zoom out range of the Technology screen.

If somebody would kindly point me in the right direction, then it would be appreciated!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 6, 2013, 1:42:48 AM
I don't think you can zoom it out further. Can you put your new techs in the corners? It may be that a huge number of techs isn't very playable.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 6, 2013, 9:15:46 PM
Hmmm, well it is a shame if it is not possible to extend the zoom. But is it possible to extend the scolling? (which by that I mean if it is possible to drag your mouse cursor to until it prevents you from going further)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 6, 2013, 10:46:58 PM
I don't think you can scroll beyond the edges. Can you put your new techs in the corners? It may be that a huge number of techs isn't very playable.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 12:25:38 AM
Yaaa, that is a shame that it is not possible.

On a related note, why are the custom images for my new techs not appearing?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 1:16:21 AM
You can ask EvilTactician (http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/member.php?18797-EvilTactician) since he has experience with adding new research. Hopefully he'll be kind enough to help. If you want, you can reverse engineer his mod (/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16336-imperium-aeterna) and figure out what he did. I haven't tried the mod, but the research he showed seems pretty late game. If you have the skills, you can try shrinking all the research to 2 sizes(?) smaller to include your own research.

Davea, whats with the copy paste, you sound like a bot haha
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment