Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Newly created mod doesn't appear in the list

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 12, 2013, 1:35:25 AM
I just created my first little mod according to the tutorial, and now I want to test it, but it doesn't appear in the mod list. In fact, only ES itself is listed there two times. (I don't have installed any other mods.)

The mod is located in the folder "Modding" which is in the same folder as "Save". It consists of a folder called "Realistic Terraforming" which contains "Index.xml" (with standalone="false") and the folder "Simulation" containing PlanetImprovement.xml (where I did some minor changes).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 12, 2013, 2:19:36 AM
go to your document folder, find endless space folder, modding folder, if you see a folder in your mod's name, copy that name, if not, your mod was't installed correctly, that you have to figure it out yourself. now, go to steam library, right click on endless space, click properties, click lanuch option, paste words inside brackets (+mod ), then paste your mod name here, and ok. now start your game as before, your mode is automatically loaded.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 12, 2013, 3:23:45 AM
Thank you for your fast reply. The mod is installed correctly. But I only want to test it. The tutorial says that it should be available in the list upon installing and that changing the launch options on steam is only necessary if I want to use the mod regularly. Is this not correct?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 12, 2013, 3:48:40 AM
That is correct, now considering that you have two endless spaces in the mod list, I'm guessing you didn't open your index.xml and change the name of it from Endless Space, to yourmodname
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 12, 2013, 4:58:41 AM
Your guess was partially right. I opened the index to deactivate standalone, but didn't bother with the rest. This was my first XML-file ever. Now I replaced the name of the mod and did some changes in the following lines which I found not problematic at all. I tried "yourmodname" and the correct name of the mod. In either case, there appeared only one version of ES and no mod.

Any more suggestions, or should I start from crap?

To be sure: I am very busy in the German Wikipedia since 2006, and so at first glance XML should be easy for me to handle.

PS: I forgot one maybe important question: Should I remove the Guid from the mod name line? It looks like a serial number which has nothing to do with my mod. - Okay, I removed it. Didn't help.

PPS: Now I installed coloredanomalies. The folder is where it is supposed to be. But I can't start this mod either.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 12, 2013, 2:10:48 PM
[code]

AMPLITUDE Studios

http://www.endless-space.com

2013-02-07

[/code]

Thats what your index should look, with the Mod Name= "WHATEVERITIS"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 8:18:32 AM
I tried it this way, and neither my own mod nor the one I downloaded appeared in the list. When I tried it the next day, everything was fine. I now suspect that you have to restart the game in order to have newly installed mods registered.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 11:11:52 AM
I have encounterd problem in the past when using mods where the file name had a space between the words like: "My Mod" instad of "My_Mod".
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 16, 2013, 11:11:43 AM
This should be mentioned in the tutorial. My mod doesn't work, probably because of the space.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment