Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Hero Level Cap

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 7:32:57 AM
So, I had a lot of fun with Endless Space right up until the exact moment my first hero hit level 20 and I realized there was a cap. That was a few months ago and I haven't touched the game since. It's just a personal hangup. Has anyone made a mod to remove or extend the cap?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 11:06:44 AM
In your "heroes.xml" file, you can find the line:

[CODE]

[/CODE]

You could add level 21, 22 and so on. I haven't tried it but in theory, it should work. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 12:28:54 PM
There should be one hero card, it's powerful and will only be avaliable when your hero reachs Lv21, and after use it, the hero will be reduced to Lv 20.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 4:04:17 PM
I always thought the level cap was too high. A fleet with a level 20 pilot is such a joke, and nearly impossible even with a decent hero of your own. +100% damage +100% defense on a 26 CP craver fleet, hardly fair. pilots get way too much offense/defense bonus at high levels.

Also, admins/coorporates essentially max out around lvl 8, since production XP is so slow at that point (unless you put them on a fleet just for experience, which is silly. Why would Super Farmer Joe get better at farming from sitting in a captains chair?) so why should pilots/commanders get so many extra levels to play with?

Actually, I might like a mod where the level cap is reduced to 10. All around, with the possible exception of corporate and adventurer, I think heroes are really just too strong.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 4:09:44 PM
Affinity wrote:
I always thought the level cap was too high. A fleet with a level 20 pilot is such a joke, and nearly impossible even with a decent hero of your own. +100% damage +100% defense on a 26 CP craver fleet, hardly fair. pilots get way too much offense/defense bonus at high levels.

Also, admins/coorporates essentially max out around lvl 8, since production XP is so slow at that point (unless you put them on a fleet just for experience, which is silly. Why would Super Farmer Joe get better at farming from sitting in a captains chair?) so why should pilots/commanders get so many extra levels to play with?

Actually, I might like a mod where the level cap is reduced to 10. All around, with the possible exception of corporate and adventurer, I think heroes are really just too strong.

I think that is possible and won't be hard to do.

I was wrong, can't find the code for level cap!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 4:31:43 PM
It's at the bottom of file on one of the hero XMLs - but yes really easy to increase decrease cap
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 4:39:28 PM
Heroes in my opinion get far to many passive bonuses and not enough unique and active bonuses.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment