Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Is there a way to forbid buyout an improvement?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 2:31:11 AM
I mean, is there a way to make it impossible, or at least prohibitive to buyout an improvement (like the Wonder)? I guess so with what i seen in the formulas, i just don't understand them well enough to try my own and see... I think it could be nice if we could set buyout of certain improvements much higher than normal so we are less likely to build them everywhere but only where it make sense to.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 10:49:33 AM
Unfortunately, you cannot restrict the buyout bonus for specific improvements only. However, you can increase the buyout bonus in StarSystemDescriptor in order to make all the buyout really expensive. For instance if you set BuyoutBonus to 10 instead of 1, the buyout cost will be multiplied by 10.

Or, in the Registry.xml you can modify the following variables which are used to estimate the buyout cost: (Remaining Industry Cost * Buy Multiplier)^ Buy Exponent

Cheers,
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 10:56:18 AM
Meedoc wrote:
Unfortunately, you cannot restrict the buyout bonus for specific improvements only. However, you can increase the buyout bonus in StarSystemDescriptor in order to make all the buyout really expensive. For instance if you set BuyoutBonus to 10 instead of 1, the buyout cost will be multiplied by 10.

Or, in the Registry.xml you can modify the following variables which are used to estimate the buyout cost: (Remaining Industry Cost * Buy Multiplier)^ Buy Exponent

Cheers,

Hehehe, set the multiplier really, really high and it basically works like a restriction smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 20, 2013, 1:05:26 PM
Meedoc wrote:

Cheers,

Interesting, though this seem to set the buyout of everything we can build, not a specific building. I don't really want to forbid buyout for everything, just specific buildings like the Wonder achievement.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment