Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Question] how to set the path of a value other than target property?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 23, 2013, 12:22:35 AM
So, in a simulation modifier, the target value's path is set by the "path=", what about other values?

For example:

I have made a affinity trait, which will provide food bonus to unoccupied population on each planet, so this is what I wrote:

OperationType="Addition"

BinaryOperationType="Soustraction"

Right="$(Population)"

Left="$(MaxPopulation)"

Path="ClassEmpire/ClassStarSystem/ClassPlanet"

BindOnSource="false" Priority="1" TooltipVisibility="false"/>

Ok it works on planets, but it does an extra calculation on star system, it provide an extra food of (system MaxPopulation - Population) on the system as well! So, I think it confused about the path of $(Population) and $(MaxPopulation), since both planet and starsystem have these values, however if I changed to this:

OperationType="Addition"

BinaryOperationType="Division"

Right="$(Population)"

Left="$(MaxPopulation)"

Path="ClassEmpire/ClassStarSystem/ClassPlanet"

BindOnSource="false" Priority="1" TooltipVisibility="false"/>

The problem is gone! It will only provide extra food on planet, not on star system??? Why is that? Plus if I do not use < BindOnSource="false" >, this whole thing will not work, so it won't help to delete that. Does anyone know the reason? Thanks!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 23, 2013, 12:29:38 AM
And the "DIVISION" one is a very good trait for expansion trait, I do recommand it. I just wonder if it is too powerful? a big food boost at the beginning of colonization, and reduced rapidly when population rises. it almost gone after 4 population.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment