Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Simple mod change help

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 8, 2013, 7:29:04 PM
Trying to change the research speed in the game speed file. I want it to take longer to research the technologies, changed the speed from 1.5 to 2.5 but when I launch the game with the change made it appears nothing has happened.

Is the game not accepting my mod or is there something else I need to do.

thanks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 8, 2013, 7:34:07 PM
doesn't that only affect the AI?

or is a difficualty thing?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 8, 2013, 9:09:34 PM
VampireZio wrote:
Trying to change the research speed in the game speed file. I want it to take longer to research the technologies, changed the speed from 1.5 to 2.5 but when I launch the game with the change made it appears nothing has happened.

Is the game not accepting my mod or is there something else I need to do.

thanks.

You created a mod dir for it? And you loaded the mod as well before starting a game?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 11, 2013, 2:31:34 AM
Basically it just takes longer to research under slow settings more so than the preset for slow.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 11, 2013, 2:34:50 AM
Foraven wrote:
You created a mod dir for it? And you loaded the mod as well before starting a game?

Yes a mod dir was created, I loaded the mod, the game restarts. But no changes appear to happen in the tech tree.

Example: lets say the most basic tech takes 8 turns to complete, we want the mod to make it so it takes maybe 16 turns to complete...pretty much just double the research time.

We tried to changes the research cost under the tech tree xml files but no change.

thanks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 11, 2013, 4:20:00 AM
what files did you change for the research speed? And why would you ever want that XD I take forever to research them on normal!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 11, 2013, 4:30:21 AM
stasik28 wrote:
what files did you change for the research speed? And why would you ever want that XD I take forever to research them on normal!

The file we modified was one of the game speed xml files and we also modified the file containing warp distance. Basically we found the Ai taking advantage of the warp so wanted to limit it on a galaxy wide basis. As for the technology we wanted to slow it down because advancing to quickly made many of the smaller ships pointless to build early on and the AI always seemed to skip over these ships.

Its to add a new level of challenge to the game by having longer tech research rather than just upper the AI difficulty.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 11, 2013, 5:22:13 AM
Smaller ships are pointless? Haven't you heard of the missile spam destroyer strategy? :P How did the AI take advantage of warp? haha. And so you were changing game speed, why not lower research bonuses from buildings and per pop on planets? I was thinking to double research but you already said it didn't work.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 2, 2013, 9:20:07 PM
It got to the point where we could build the larger ships and just made modifications to the weapons we put on them that smaller, ships where no longer needed. But does anyone know why the change to the files does not work when loading up the MOD? Am I missing a crucial step with this mod business?

Thanks.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment