Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Galaxy Layout - possible modifications?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 23, 2013, 12:44:41 AM
I'm keen on finding a way to modify the existing galaxy layout options from the original 7 or so.

Galaxy settings Wiki

Galaxy Density mod on youtube

The above two links give an accurate idea of what i'm looking for/at.

The problem with the youtube link and related document modification is that it produces countless runtime errors on the program meaning it closes or crashes.

After trying to find a map style modification tool on the forums I have found nothing along the above lines. There are ways to increase the size and density of a galaxy but not the shape.

I'd be interested in messing about with the game files in general to find a way of altering the maps but it does ask the question as to whether anyone is currently doing or has done a program/mod/guide to editing galaxy shapes that doesn't produce errors.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

[IamawarethattheforumsarehugeandIhavetriedtolocatesomethingsimilartowhati'maskingforbutIamunabletofindit,ifthereisonealreadyyouknowofthatcurrentlyworksonthisversionofEndlessi'dbeinterestedinalink]
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 10:05:20 AM
Well, this is similar to what I've been seeing. It's a mod that gives you the option to slightly change the shape of the galaxy but more important to this mod is the amount of systems involved.

It is a good modification to the game, giving more planets and more constellations to mess about with but it doesn't solve the original question.

I am looking for a modification or a way for me to edit the game so that I can make galaxies in shapes that aren't already in the game. For example, instead of 8 armed spirals, have it in the shape of a giant star, or a box... you get the idea, making it up.

Some of the galaxies are just a bit boring, and the spiral ones are annoying because everyone more or less gets their own spiral.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 10:21:48 AM
As one of the above links shows (youtube) it has been possible in previous versions of Endless, if not completely smooth running.

Besides, what other thing would you call a change to the game besides a mod?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 10:28:16 AM
Endless Space 2? I'm not waiting for another Endless Space game, i'm interested in a modification.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 2, 2013, 2:55:14 PM
I am looking for a modification or a way for me to edit the game so that I can make galaxies in shapes that aren't already in the game.

@silenthunter13

It's not a Mod in the true sense but see my signature below for a gui editor that allows you to effectively draw your own galaxy exactly how you may want it, you do have to start with a generated map (either standard or from the alternate galaxy generator).
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 10:47:45 PM
i'm still looking for a proven multi-player version of the above, but now that I know how it might be achieved it does help.

Any further thoughts on mods for this idea?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 9:51:32 PM
i'm still looking for a proven multi-player version of the above

Works fine for multiplayer if you save the mult-player map as host after generation; make mods - reload game. (or so I've been told people do it all the time both for legit reasons and apparently other reasons. Personally I've not tried that it since October timeframe)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment