Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Where is the tutorial for faction creation?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 7, 2013, 11:31:32 PM
It is about of time for me to create a faction! I already have the concept of it, and if possible, I would ask to another mod team if they could offer me some models for the spaceships (my faction will be a Systems Alliance like faction, and since I love their ship designs, I plan to use them).

However, where is the tutorial here in the forums for full faction creation?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 7, 2013, 11:45:27 PM
I don't think there is a full tutorial to mod in a race (ships and everything) but there is a Mass Effect Mod (already or currently being made) last I heard, so I guess you can import those models?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 7, 2013, 11:53:58 PM
stasik28 wrote:
I don't think there is a full tutorial to mod in a race (ships and everything) but there is a Mass Effect Mod (already or currently being made) last I heard, so I guess you can import those models?

Yes, there is a Mass Effect mod under production, but if the mod is activated, the original Endless Space factions will be replaced by the Mass Effect ones, and I would like to play as the Systems Alliance, ally myself with the Sophons, then crush the Cravers...

And the models that the Mass Effect mod will use are being developed by the Dawn of the Reapers team, a mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 1:37:16 AM
stasik28 wrote:
Err, if you have the skills, you can make the models yourself?

Ask to me to model Earth in ANY 3D modeling program... the best thing I can do is a blue sphere. So, err, I have no skills for that.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 9, 2013, 3:04:38 AM
I don't believe there is one. Hopefully one of the more experienced modders can come in here and help you out. Personally, what I did is download the Sectoid mod (Excellent mod), and reverse-engineer from there. I would recommend the same! =)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 9, 2013, 4:06:40 AM
Romeo wrote:
I don't believe there is one. Hopefully one of the more experienced modders can come in here and help you out. Personally, what I did is download the Sectoid mod (Excellent mod), and reverse-engineer from there. I would recommend the same! =)

Well, I'll try that them. Thank you.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 4:51:53 AM
Yeah the Mass Effect mod is a great tutorial for modding existing factions. Something I couldn't find any infos on.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment