Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Factions.xml not updating in the mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 7:09:10 AM
So i've tweaked the sowers changed around some of their starting traits and for some reason none of my changes seem to work. I can change the gui, faction leader etc.. However when trying to change the specifics of the traits vanilla shows up as though nothing has changed. Help?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 6:08:59 PM
0utlaw wrote:
So i've tweaked the sowers changed around some of their starting traits and for some reason none of my changes seem to work. I can change the gui, faction leader etc.. However when trying to change the specifics of the traits vanilla shows up as though nothing has changed. Help?

Check the logs if an error is reported (endlessspace_data\output_log.txt), most likely you made a mistake that cause the file to not be read.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 6:43:36 PM
Foraven wrote:
Check the logs if an error is reported (endlessspace_data\output_log.txt), most likely you made a mistake that cause the file to not be read.

Hrmm I must have bombed out really bad because the output_log isn't updating.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 7:26:36 PM
OK Im thinking the factions.xml can't be edited. I've tried very minor changes and no luck with no error log update, it looks like it might not be read at all even from the public folder.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 8:02:12 PM
0utlaw wrote:
OK Im thinking the factions.xml can't be edited. I've tried very minor changes and no luck with no error log update, it looks like it might not be read at all even from the public folder.

I heard there was a few files that weren't loading in mods, maybe it's one of them. They were supposed to have fixed that, but maybe they missed 1 or 2...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 8:12:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up Foraven. Yeah looks like we can make the cosmetic changes but the meat & potatoes are static. I was mainly gunning for that anti-alliance trait. I guess I can poke around in the diplomacy files and manufacture it that way.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment