Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Affecting Diplomacy from the personalities.xml

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 10:23:05 PM
OK, so I'm feeling my way around here.. Haven't ever tinkered around with the personalities before, so the experiment is below, I'm trying to see how positives and negatives interact with each other. I'm not entirely sure how the fields affect each other. So I think I just mad e schizophrenic AI.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 10:29:04 PM
Yes, this should lead to an AI always hating everyone.

I've done a lot of research about this stuff back then, when I made my AggressiveAI-Mod. So if you need more info about it, feel free to ask.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 10:37:17 PM
Ail wrote:
Yes, this should lead to an AI always hating everyone.

I've done a lot of research about this stuff back then, when I made my AggressiveAI-Mod. So if you need more info about it, feel free to ask.

Well the initial intention was to make an anti social AI since I couldn't modify the factions traits to the craver anti alliance. However, within 3 turns after initial contact my evil AI here just offered me peace... So I'm not entirely sure, we'll see how it all pans out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 10:46:50 PM
While they might still offer peace, you should see a drastic drop in relations as soon as any of the negative-modifiers come into play. (For example sharing a border)

If you want to prevent that from happening you also have to modify AI/DiplomaticBehaviour.xml which defines the conditions that need to be met for offering peace.

If you set the approval-limit to something like 25;200 they shouldn't do that anymore.

Note that there are 3 Peace terms. You can delete 2 of those.

Unfortunately you cannot set race-specific-conditions there. I've asked the Devs for that before but since they are redoing how diplomacy works for the Addon, they didn't bother to alter the current model.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment