Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

modding questions

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 4:51:19 PM
1. I need to reduce the warp drive speed but, despite searching hard for it, I can't find it anywhere in the xml files. I've already found where 'warp' and 'freemove' is mentioned but there's no indication of any modifiers

2. Also, is there a way to make a custom faction playable by the game's AI? It would really increase replayability, at least for me, if I could create different factions (or maybe modify existing ones?) to play against

thanks in advance
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 5:16:39 PM
1) Movement speeds, like all technology effects, are defined in the EmpireDescriptor.XML file. If you do a search for "Warp" you'll find them. Warp refers to base ship speed increases, Wormhole refers to wormholes, and FreeMovement refers to the actual warp drive. If you wanted to make the initial unlock for the warp drive be faster, then you'd change the term:

And simply change the "Value="5" parameter to something bigger. If your confused about when something gets unlocked, just search for the name of the unlockable in TechnologyExpansion.xml

2) Not without a mod Im afraid. The mod could be as simple as just adding that faction to the Faction.XML file, or get much more in depth with custom affinities, personalities and ships. I'm writing a tutorial as we speak on how to do just that, so that should be up today or tomorrow :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 5:27:54 PM
nice, thanks a lot for the fast response..

I did actually find these entries before but I wasn't sure what was affecting what :P

also, can't wait for your tutorial smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 10:55:11 AM
Changing an existing race to fit the custom-race is much easier than adding a new one.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment