Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Moving colonization techs furtherdown the tree.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 12:38:05 AM
Has anyone considered or tried either moving colonization techs further down the expansion tree, or moving them off to the side and increasing the cost? I'm wondering how it plays. Because ideally I'd love to see a significantly longer start to the game where finding an Ocean/Jungle/Terran planet is a huge deal. Right now it's nice but you get arid/tundra so fast and desert/arctic not much slower that it doesn't feel special. I want to be biting my nails every time I explore a new system hoping for a OJT planet.

Any pitfalls to doing so that people forsee? Or why its just a bad idea in general?

I've tried simply increasing the costs of all techs across the board but it doesn't feel right for some reason.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 10:58:18 PM
I think a better solution is to reduce the ramp up of science acquisition, this can be accomplished in 2 distinct ways: reducing the science granted by Magnetic Field Generator, reducing population growth
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 6:39:10 AM
Reducing population growth seems like a problem unless Adminstration heroes get changed. In fact, they're so powerful I think they should be changed regardless. It's On The List of things I'm going to put in the mod I'm working on.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment