Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Questions on how to change ship design process

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 6:45:01 PM
I need some directions into what files I would need to modify and how to do the following:

1. Change by ship class how many engines or repair mods can be installed: for example allow destroyers 2 engines and battleships 0. I also want to do the same with the repair modules (be able to put more on certain classes of ships)

2. Split up Repair module class into a new module called Fire control and keep some of the techs in the repair class. This would put a fire control slot (max one) one every ship design.

3. Split up some of the classes of ships into different classes that are discovered at different techs. They will look the same and use the same models but have different design specs such as: Regular Battleships: No engines and New Fast Battleship Class with 1 engine.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 7:23:17 PM
As far as i know, you can restrict to 1 modules, but not set any other number. However, you can change the base speed of each hull in Hull.xml if you want to make smaller hulls faster (or vice versa). You can restrict hull size for each modules (just tried that) so you can make fleet wide modules only available on larger ships. the 3rd one may be possible, but i don't know how to add new hulls.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 8:10:25 PM
Why would you want to change how many engines a Battleship has to 0. Why not just put engines on them? :P
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 1:07:26 AM
stasik28 wrote:
Why would you want to change how many engines a Battleship has to 0. Why not just put engines on them? :P

Since the armor and the size of the ships have no mass I am choosing to limit the number of engines per class to change the speed in a Naval model.

Later techs will allow mounting engines on the big boys and getting them to keep up to a certain size.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment