Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Minimod "Fixes"

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 10:42:26 PM
Update:

Changed the Governor for "Diplomacy" to act like the Balanced-Governor just without building Military-Buildings.

Merged with iblise' Moontemple-Color-Stuff-Mod. (very colorful!)

Here's a very small mod that fixes some things about the game's current state which I don't like or think could be improved. It doesn't contain any rebalancing.

1. Includes Coloured Anomalies

2. Reduced the AI-Value for the Craver-Special-Moon-Food-Building from 3 to 2

3. Reduced the AI-Value for the -20% Ind for Buildings-Building from 2.5 to 1.5

4. Reduced the AI-Value for the Victory-Building from 12 to 0

5. Increased the AI-Value of the for the +10 Ind-Building

6. Increased the AI-Value of the Prerequisite for the Tech for the +40 Sci-Building

7. Increased the AI-Value of the Tech for the +40 Sci-Building

8. Forbid Governor to build Food-Exploit when being Sower

9. Added Engines to all Colony-Ships except for the Pilgrim

10. Fully utilized the space on all starting Defender-Ship-Designs (result differs slightly for each race)

It basically is like AggressiveAI without the Aggressive AI.

Main purpose is to slighlty increase the performance of the AI and make using governors a little less tedious to use.

I am particularly interested in more Governor-Annoyances you stumble over in case you use them.

Installation-Instructions:

Unzip into (my documents)\Endless Space\Modding. This will create a new directory (my documents)\Endless Space\Modding\Fixes containing a file index.xml and several subdirectories.

In the main game menu, click the MODS button, find the mod "Fixes", select it and click load.

To keep the mod loaded: find "Endless Space" in the Steam Library, right click, select properties, and click the "set launch options" button. Add "+mod Fixes" to the game launch command line.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 11:43:19 PM
Consider rolling my colorizationlocales + moon temple colorization into this? Also would it be worth adding the diplomatic governor changes you made?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 9:28:49 AM
You mean the ones where he doesn't build miliatary-Buildings?

Yes, can do all of that this evening.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 7:51:19 PM
@iblise: Can you link your Mod, so I can merge it in?

If anyone else has Mods that do not actually alter any game-rules and wants it in, I'd be up for making a lil compilation.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 9:26:54 PM
/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16327-mod-shopping-mall

I bundled it in with the Battle Dmg mod. The moon temples are under the GUI folder no modding required as I followed the directory structure and of course the colorization locales XML - the main goal was to provide colorization of faction traits but it sort of spiral out of control somewhat and I ended up colorized a lot. I believe I commented out the majority of the changes leaving only the bare minimum but might not have either. Take a quick look - I really do believe that faction trait colorization is an improvement
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 11:08:47 PM
In multiplayer the only speedy way to play Automaton is with the governors, however the 'balanced' governor replaces every exploit on any system that is not at max pop with a food exploit until max pop is reached. Additionally even for Automaton it prioritizes Dust exploits for Terran, Arid and Desert even with low tax rates.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 22, 2013, 10:27:01 AM
Kareal wrote:
In multiplayer the only speedy way to play Automaton is with the governors, however the 'balanced' governor replaces every exploit on any system that is not at max pop with a food exploit until max pop is reached.

I've experimented with changing that. However, while it probably isn't the perfect way to do go about exploits, food till max has proven to be very solid and deviating from that hardly has convincing long-term gains, that would make me think it's a bad decision.

Kareal wrote:
Additionally even for Automaton it prioritizes Dust exploits for Terran, Arid and Desert even with low tax rates.

Is there something special about the Automatons that I'm currently overlooking in this regard? The Dust-exploit for Arid, Desert and Terran is preferred because they get additional dust out of it. I think it's +3 for arid, +2 for desert and +1 for terran per pop on the highest exploit-level. So I see no reason to not take these benefits. Taking tax-rates into account is an interesting idea but I could imagine that it would annoy me great deal. Example:

Say I have 75 Approval and +200 Dust income.

Now I reduce Tax by 5%.

This changes my Approval to 82 and my Dust-Income to 87.

And now the Governors feels that the tax-rate is too low for the dust-exploit to be efficient enough, start to change it on every system and thus leave me with a deficit that force me to raise taxes once again, which will cause the governor to switch back to the dust exploits once again...

So no, I disagree on making the dust-exploit tax-rate dependant.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 12:30:49 AM
Well after much research about mods I figured out this was the best mod to enhance my playing experince and so far it all seems to be really nice smiley: smile Thanks Ail
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 11:38:51 AM
Hi, this looks very interesting. Is it possible for you to clear all the unused path informations (repositories) in the index file? It would be easier to see what changed.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 26, 2013, 8:17:54 PM
Hi Ail

Coloured Anomalies needs a slight update to colour Endless Trouble, Hostile Dust and Humeris Insidentes.

To fix this I added the following lines to StandAlone.xml.

Under Advantageous Anomalies I added:

#38EC00#Humeris Insidentes

Under Debatable Anomalies I added:

#FFA000#Hostile Dust

#38EC01#Hostile Dust

Under Disadvantageous Anomalies I added:

#EC3800#Endless Trouble

#303030#Endless Trouble
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 12:43:17 AM
EScolors.rar

Not to steal your thunder Cumberlow but here is another copy with the other tweaks (only my personal copy had the new anomalies, oopps) and the moontemples

If people feel it is excessive colorization then comment out the battle cards/Technologies Ship Related sections
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment