Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Is there a way to count outposts rather than owned systems?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 9:34:30 PM
I'm working on changing how over colonization works and to do so, i need to know how to calculate (or if there is a variable for it) how many outposts the player has (ie, not fully owned systems). That way i plan on curbing rapid expansion by making by hurting the quick expander right of the bat rather than after the colonies are fully owned.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 10:43:33 PM
Nevermind, i found how it works and now i am changing this for the better smiley: approval. Now, lets see how that change the gameplay smiley: stickouttongue.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 10:44:59 PM
Foraven wrote:
Nevermind, i found how it works and now i am changing this for the better smiley: approval. Now, lets see how that change the gameplay smiley: stickouttongue.

Self-solving questions - that's true learning smiley: biggrin

Good luck lol
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 12:03:22 AM
iblise wrote:
How did you so this?

I found expansion approval is calculated. Basically each system is worth 1 colony and count toward the disapproval. What i changed is each colonized system count 0.25 instead, but i add the remaining 0.75 where outpost modifiers are calculated (this make that said system worth a whole 1 toward the disapproval). In effect, that mean established systems count a lot less for disapproval than new outpost or recently captured systems. If the player colonize in a slow but steady fashion, the disapproval hit will be much lower than if the player does rush colonize every systems in sight. Also, this help keep the overall empire happiness up so long as you don't rush it so low happiness systems benefit from Empire's happiness. All in all i believe i found the ultimate way to balance expansion in ES. Will soon post my new version so you will be able to check it out (and test it as well).

Edit: Oh yeah, also had to adjust approval skills and improvements so all my neat system don't go to waste because players can't just "patch it up" and ignore it.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment