Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding Question

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 12:23:12 PM
As a .xml noob, is there any way I can specifically edit the messages the AI gives you when offering/accepting diplomatic offers? And can I edit them for existing races instead of only being able to apply them to custom factions?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 5:35:55 PM
Localization_xp1_Locales.xml in \Public_xp1\Localization\your language, I think is what your looking for.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 6:12:57 PM
eleteguard wrote:
Localization_xp1_Locales.xml in \Public_xp1\Localization\your language, I think is what your looking for.

I feel like there are a lot of quotes missing from there... doesn't every race have unique dialog?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 6:49:01 PM
I think that should be all of it, there could be more in Localization_Locales- the pre disharmony file. However, that files should not be in use anymore. From a glance over the file the dialogs tended to not all be in the same spot, so make sure that you search the whole xml each races dialogs- ctrl+f is your friend.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 6:53:42 PM
eleteguard wrote:
I think that should be all of it, there could be more in Localization_Locales- the pre disharmony file. However, that files should not be in use anymore. From a glance over the file the dialogs tended to not all be in the same spot, so make sure that you search the whole xml each races dialogs- ctrl+f is your friend.

Apparently it is, because all the dialog for all the races are in here.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 12:28:13 AM
The game picks up everything within the Localization/your_language folder regardless of what you name the file as long as it ends in xml and has the right structure inside. This is true for stock game and for mods.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 12:29:52 AM
Antera wrote:
The game picks up everything within the Localization/your_language folder regardless of what you name the file as long as it ends in xml and has the right structure inside. This is true for stock game and for mods.

Do you know if I can mod the dialog lines so that they return a random quote instead of a single one every time? I'm not cool enough to find this out myself.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 12:49:47 AM
Hahaha, I'm not cool enough for that either. Sorry. But it would certainly be cool if you can get that to work.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 12:52:48 AM
Antera wrote:
Hahaha, I'm not cool enough for that either. Sorry. But it would certainly be cool if you can get that to work.

It's just really immersion-breaking when they say the same exact thing every time. Although, I have to wonder if returning random dialogs would seriously break anything - like, if you minimize their offer, would it show a different quote when you open it again?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 2:37:33 AM
That reminds of Gal Civ, the civs had so many different dialogues, it was actually fun to read what they had to say.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 1:20:42 AM
Unfortunately, it seems you cannot do this, unless the game's source code itself allows for a selection of random options.

Fortunately, I can now focus my time on translating the entire game into Latin for no good reason.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment