Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Want to mod one little thing

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 8, 2014, 12:57:06 AM
I'm not a modder, and I haven't tried any mods. However, there is an exploration event that drives me insane. It's when it swaps out the leaders in your academy for others. It always seems to happen when I have great heroes, and it never seems to improve what I have.

What is the simplest way to mod that event out? In other words, do I need to learn modding? Do I merely need to edit an .xml file?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 8, 2014, 3:58:46 AM
Go to ..\Public_xp1\Simulation\ExplorationEvent.xml and locate the elements Reward_RefreshAcademy_1, and Reward_RefreshAcademy_2. If your not using disharmony go to ..\Public\Simulation\ExplorationEvent.xml.

Most text editors have a search function with ctrl + F. When you find them, replace them so they look like this. I have set the weight to 0 and removed AchievementEffect_RefreshAcademy.

[CODE]

%Reward_RefreshAcademy_1Title

%Reward_RefreshAcademy_1Description

%Reward_RefreshAcademy_2Title

%Reward_RefreshAcademy_2Description

[/CODE]

This will bake the change into your base game so it should work with mods that dont change these elements.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 13, 2014, 12:16:48 AM
I still appreciate this information, but I did find a catch: I couldn't start a multiplayer game with my friend until I restored the original file. I'm guessing if my friend had made the same change to the .xml file, it would have worked?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 13, 2014, 1:17:23 AM
Yes, I think it would have worked but I admit Ive never played a modified game on multiplayer. You can try getting your friend to make the same change as you in your games base files and it might work. If it doesnt work then you can create a mod that applies your change and let your friend load that, Im positive that would work.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 13, 2014, 1:26:23 AM
ANY change that your friend doesn't have will automatically disconnect you, even if it's something as irrelevant as a name change of something (Even a difference of one letter will boot you!). As such, your best bet after modding a particular file is to quickly make a "mod" of what you changed, along with the modified .xml, send it to your buddy, and the two of you will be AOK to play (So long as neither of you goes on to modify anything else).
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 13, 2014, 2:36:26 AM
I have made this into a mod because it was very simple. Also the mod is setup as partial so no need to include un-needed xml records.

Did I mention this mod works for both vanilla and disharmony smiley: cool ?

Download Mod
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment