Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Dune universe mod.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 6:49:26 AM
I suggest the creation of a Dune mod. As well all know the spice must flow and there is a distinct lack of Spice production in ES.

I haven't given this too much thought, but here are my ideas:

No wormholes linking systems, no slipstreams. All systems are reachable by every other system.

All interstellar travel is done through Guild Heighliners, and is instantaneous.

You rent transportation from the Spacing Guild. If you need ships transported for an invasion of a system, you rent a Heighliner to take your ships there.

The Heighligner arrives instantaneously but it takes 1 turn to offload all of your cargo into the system. This means your ships will spawn in the system on the 2nd Turn they arrive.

Transportation cost is calculated per CP.

Dust is now Spice Melange. The lore would have to work out how each planet "produces" spice. Maybe instead of production it could represent Spice storage.

Houses are the playable races. Each of the major Houses from the books are represented, as well as custom Houses.

The time frame is Pre-Dune, sometime before the Atreides assumed command of Arrakis, possibly even before the Harkonnens had it.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Mostly it would just be cool to have a bit of the Dune lore present, and I also think the game mechanic of having to do nearly *everything* through the Spacing Guild opens up a whole new world of possibilities for interesting game play. Obviously these ideas will need much refinement.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 11:45:44 AM
Would'nt it be bether if the time frame where "after the death of emperor god leto 2" and/or after the "dispersion" ?

It could explain easier why they produce spice. (forgot the name of the faction which did it xD)

I see it like heroes are mentas, prietress, and dispersion prietress.

Should read back the books xD

edit: btw i see another problem with the univers. In Dune i dont remember space fight at all. Guild lead the space and make all tranport. Fight are all the way on planets no?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 3:13:28 PM
I've never read dune (I love sci-fi, but it's just not my type), so I understood maybe 1% of what you just said.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 7:36:43 PM
I don't think its fit 100% in a game like ES...its better for real time strategy game and have more ground combat than space battles....if you want to be right in Dune universe.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 1, 2012, 10:07:15 AM
As my name suggest it I'm a fan of Dune universe so I encourage that project ! I would like to help but I'm already busy with a mod for X3 Albion Prelude.

Would'nt it be bether if the time frame where "after the death of emperor god leto 2" and/or after the "dispersion" ?

It could explain easier why they produce spice. (forgot the name of the faction which did it xD)

I see it like heroes are mentas, prietress, and dispersion prietress.

Should read back the books xD

edit: btw i see another problem with the univers. In Dune i dont remember space fight at all. Guild lead the space and make all tranport. Fight are all the way on planets no?

I agree with you, the area just at the dispersion would be great : we can explain why people are exploring new planets, that they have epice more easily. For the ships that's a problem indeed for the former universe center, however the people who was in the expansion didn't used Guild ships (the Matriachs were using their ships without guild sailers). Some battle did take place in space at this time between Bene Gesserit and Matriachs, but the problem is mainly that we have not much informations about the ships.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 26, 2014, 10:43:52 AM
I am new to this game, but loved it already. And I would be thrilled by a Dune mod!

I wonder, however, if anybody may still be working on this project? I see the posts are two years old. :-/

Synaptic_AI wrote:

Dust is now Spice Melange. The lore would have to work out how each planet "produces" spice.

Maybe instead of production it could represent Spice storage.

Hmmm, I think it would be best if we went with the Storage option. Although the Bene Tleilaxu may learn how to produce Spice in their Axlotl tanks (Heretics of Dune) later in the game... and the others develop a way to import spice trout to make desert/arid planets become like Arrakis. Only very late in the game when it is basically already won, though. Otherwise it would be far too imbalanced.

Synaptic_AI wrote:

Houses are the playable races. Each of the major Houses from the books are represented, as well as custom Houses.

I am sure there would be enough to choose amongst, each with their interesting racial traits. smiley: smile

So well... anybody still working on this, or could be interested in it? smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment