Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Custom faction for AI

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 23, 2014, 1:28:29 AM
Short answer? No.

The long answer? Nooooooooo? You can mod a new faction, and then play with the AI to make the AI use that, but it's a lot of work.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 25, 2014, 12:37:27 AM
Arg, I agree this was a feature that should have been in the game...

Yeah, basically you would have to make a new faction in the core game files with the traits you want, though it would have to copy one of the other faction's affinity (just like any custom faction does). It's a hassle, and I've never actually tested anything like that, but I'm pretty sure I can easily mod one of the EXISTING races to have whatever traits I want it to. It would just replace the race in-game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 25, 2014, 2:22:18 AM
.. but I'm pretty sure I can easily mod one of the EXISTING races to have whatever traits I want it to. It would just replace the race in-game.

This is probably the quickest and easiest option for you but as Tiaximus said it comes with the con of loosing the races default configuration.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 2, 2014, 1:40:32 AM
Scrivener07 wrote:
This is probably the quickest and easiest option for you but as Tiaximus said it comes with the con of loosing the races default configuration.

Though it's fairly easy to clone one of the default races, truth be told. Then you could keep the original, and just have their modified buddy available for when you want.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment