Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
On steam deck mouse Auto scrolls make it impossible to pick culture
PC
Steam
4 months ago
May 15, 2024, 6:34:20 PM

This is my fourth time attempting this bug report. Why is it so hard? It also won't let me upload my video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SvBLUwaB73fpNc3q8

Playing on the steam deck but it will not allow me to add a game version - so did it as PC right game version.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SvBLUwaB73fpNc3q8

I have an issue if you can see in the video, I apologize AC so loud, that anytime there is a scrollable option the mouse Auto scrolls as long as it is within the area that I could use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll. You should be able to see that I attempt to click several different things to go to particular cultures to go to next or previous neither obviously work well I can use the scroll on the mouse to make it scroll faster I can scroll backwards but it just makes it jerk it won't stop it. I cannot get it to stop. 

The issue is not just where I've got to pick a culture which is going to make it extremely hard unless I just want a random one each time. The first time I loaded the game it all your scrolled back to the top in every menu when I was attempting to pick an avatar, now it all those scrolls down to the bottom every single time. This also affects me trying to control the map to scroll or zoom out or zoom in I have no control it just goes directly to the extreme and it is very difficult to fight it to get it to go even a little bit the other way and the minute I stop fighting it it goes back to where it wants it. I cannot find an option to control the strength of the auto scroll I don't know what to do your game is unplayable as is my game is also unmoded

I have not tried with a controller but I don't like to play with the controller I like the keyboard and mouse setup. 

General information
Category
Sub-category
Gameplay
In-Game Issue
Platform
Distribution
Game version
PC
Steam
1.0.26.4449 - George Sand - Latest Version
0Send private message
Were you able to reproduce the bug reported by Chantingcrow?
Upvote
Upvote gauge
Investigating
Votes
Make your voice count
When will the bug be reviewed?
We try to look at all bug reports, but the more players confirm encountering a bug by upvoting it, the higher we will prioritize it. Investigating
How can I contribute?
In your next game, try to reproduce this bug. If you consider the bug important, click to upvote it.
upvote
Copied to clipboard!
4 months ago
May 23, 2024, 7:07:37 PM
PC
Steam
1.0.26.4449 - George Sand - Latest Version

I was talking on Reddit with other people who said that you had the same issue and one posted that it was fixed for them. So I loaded the game hopeful but it seems that it is not fixed for me. However since I loaded the game I attempted to take a look at the mods from mod.io within the game and I noticed that when I went to search the search bar filled completely with a line of lowercase ease. It didn't matter how many times I deleted them they just kept filling out. So I attempted to hit the key on the keyboard and that stopped the virtual ease from being printed over and over. I then went back to the main page and tried looking at making a new game and checking the scroll through there and I continue to happen even after I pressed the e but I'm wondering if that could be causing a problem with that for some reason it is reading key presses that are not happening.

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
Loaded the mod.io
Step 2
Attempted to search for mod by name
Step 3
The search for filled with the letter e as soon as I clicked on it. So it looked like: eeeeeeeeeeeee
Step 4
Tapping the e KEY once seem to stop it
Step 5
Attempted to go back and see if that fixed the auto schooling with the mouse but it did not
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
Description
Please describe the bug you found and what you were doing just before it. You will have an opportunity to share files and screenshots later.
continue