Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Buccaneers Not Removing Strength Bonus Against Unit Behind Walls
PC
Steam
8 months ago
Jan 19, 2024, 2:01:27 AM

Attacking an AI unit behind city walls with a Buccaneer.  When looking at "Attack Prediction", +6 Fortification still applied to defender.  This was with the first Buccaneer that attacked in a siege.

Interestingly, a second Buccaneer attacking the same defending unit (after having been attacked by the first Buccaneer) did remove the +6 Fortification.

Also, attempting to attach Bug Report zip file, but getting an error that file is too big (larger than 10mb), even though file is just under 8mb.  I even tried zipping just a few of the files and re-uploading to get it under 4mb, but site is complaining file is still too big.  Seems bug reporting is bugged too.

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
Attack AI unit behind walls with a Buccaneer.
Screenshots
screenshot
General information
Category
Sub-category
Gameplay
In-Game Issue
Platform
Distribution
Game version
PC
Steam
1.0.26.4437 - George Sand Update
0Send private message
Were you able to reproduce the bug reported by mikedavis1?
Upvote
Upvote gauge
Working as Intended
CurrentDev.Username
Dev
Tyor
Hello! Buccaneer ablility is working as intended, it removes the "Fortification" bonus after an attack. However the enemy units will gain it back on your next round so make sure to focus the same unit during the same round for more efficiency! Thank you for your report!
Votes
Make your voice count
When will the bug be reviewed?
We try to look at all bug reports, but the more players confirm encountering a bug by upvoting it, the higher we will prioritize it. Investigating
How can I contribute?
In your next game, try to reproduce this bug. If you consider the bug important, click to upvote it.
upvote
Copied to clipboard!
8 months ago
Jan 19, 2024, 2:52:42 AM
PC
Steam
1.0.26.4437 - George Sand Update

After re-reading the tool-tip for Buccaneers a few times, I think I was mis-interpreting how this unit works.  Originally I thought it meant that when attacking a unit behind walls, the defending unit gets no fortification bonus.  After posting that I noticed when a second Buccaneer attacked the same unit the bonus was gone, I am now interpreting (hopefully correctly this time) that the fortification bonus is removed after the Buccaneer has it has attacked.  Hopefully this explanation will help anyone else that had the same reading comprehension problems I did.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
Description
Please describe the bug you found and what you were doing just before it. You will have an opportunity to share files and screenshots later.
continue