Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Holy Cheesy Trinity : Influence into Faith into Cheese.

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Apr 27, 2021, 2:05:08 AM

Take note : this is my first experience with Humankind, ever. I played some Endless Legend back in the days. So I probably messed up many things along the way.

Game result around turn 100-110 in the 2 games i just played :
- Win available (pick industrial culture insta win).
- 7k+ science/turn ( can go much higher by turn 140 ish, idk). EDIT : 12k by turn 120, All techs unlocked.
- 1k5 - 3k golds/turn (depends on how trades and things will go, but it is plenty to grab anything in no time really).
- 150-500 food in every town.
- 150-300 industry in every town.
- 500 influence per turn.
- 8 towns, 28 territories (all mine and attached, not occupied or anything).
- 100 stability everywhere (can't go down even if I build like 15 districts).

All of that without relying on districts (I've built a couple research clusters, but it would require 10 times more to be relevant). Half these numbers are purely out of faith conversion and buildings. There is a lot of margin to improve. I even think you could double all this easily.

To achieve this, all you need to do is to maximize your influence and faith, then convert faith into other resources. Claim territories to grow influence and get resources, pick civics and tenets that give +influence / faith per territories / follower on holy sites. No need to take everything. Only the "per territory", "per follower" are enough to do the trick. While a flat bonus on capital is quite useful in the early game, when you get like 300+/turn, it's not necessary anymore.

Now if you want to know the way I did it, just follow these steps :

- Ancient Era : Take whatever you feel comfortable with (i recommend either harappan, olmecs, or babylon. Phoenicians seem tricky but very rewarding if successful. Nubians easier but less powerful in the end). Claim territories (prioritize natural wonders to grow influence), pick civics and tenets that give <+influence/+faith> per <territory/follower> on holy sites.
- Classical Era : Take whatever that will ramp up nicely during the classical era (I highly recommend carthaginians, as it will really scale so well from that point to the end game, simply the best imo, but greeks or even huns should work well also).
- Medieval Era : Take Ummayads. Because you will have like 5 - 10 attached territories at this point, and that means a nice 50 - 100 science/turn per town that will scale quite a bit into the late game.
- Early Modern Era : Take Joseon. Because -- just do it and watch your science output doubling (or more) in 1 click -- the +4 science per coastal water is huge, especially with the sheer amount of territories and harbors you should get at this point.

Now to take a good start, a few recommendations :
- Plant 1st outpost asap (right after first combat), near the river.
- Best territory for capital seems to be the one to the north-west from your starting position. Because it has a spot with 4 river tiles, 1mountain, rocky fields, and 3forests all at once. Not to mention it gives a central position from which you can attach like 7 territories. It is big. Plant the outpost right between the mountain and the river.
- Put 1 pop into research if you can keep like 1pop/5turn growth. Because you start with 3 science, and +6 is just trippling that amount and making things so quicker.
- During the first research turns, I recommend building your special if you can.
- Carpentry allows you to spend population to rush buildings. It is OP, as long as you have food. I use it to rush my first holy site, but feel free to use for whatever feels really important and worth the pop loss for time saving.
- Domestication gives you 5 food in each town per horse resource in your empire. Get regions with horses, build the dwelling, and build the structure to benefit from +5 food.
- Irrigation is really nice too, maybe even more. +2 per river tile will lead to an early +10 boost easily. Just plant your 2 first outposts next to a big river (2 - 4 river tiles), then attach the 2nd region as soon as you get the building in your capital. Boom, big food.
- Attach at least 1 territory early on, so you can get a food / production boost (more food preferably).
- In the early game, 1 - 2 attached territories are enough. Make sure to claim 5 - 10 territories asap with natural wonders and resources.
- You can make a second town, but then you will probably struggle with influence for expansion, so just be careful with that. A town could help taking near territories for cheaper if you're far from home, tho. Depends on situation.

Quick steps to reach the sweet cheese spot :
- Now that you have food, you need luxuries. Every luxury you can take. Because you will be selling them like crazy in the next era.
- Don't try to rush science too much, it is not worth it early on. Just don't be late.
- Build holy site ASAP (with pop rush) if you have decent food production in town. (keep 1-2 workers into research tho, or you will suffer a bit)
- A holy site will greatly increase territory stability. Take advantage of this.
- Build Stonehenge ASAP in your capital. If you do it early, you will get the 1st religion accross the whole continent. That means like +40 food in the early classical, and thus more pop rush available.
- Build harbors in every attached territory that has many coastal water tiles. Rush them with either pop or gold early as it will give you plenty of food in return to make up for the loss, then rush them with gold after Classical.
- Rush every building that boosts your income substancially (like +50% and more of your total income). More importantly, you want an access to every resources asap, because the earlier you get them, the earlier you sell them for money (that means more money in the end, and more snowball).
- Always Demand religious conversion when religious grievance pops if the enemy empire isn't an immediate threat for you and you have already somewhat strong religion influence among their cities. (This could lead to a temporary money loss due to trade routes stopping for a while).
- Sign treaties with everyone to trade luxuries asap.
- Buy all luxuries available in the classical era as the Carthaginians (Lower priority, but it helps significantly if you can keep these trades for a long time. Prioritize useful ones).
- Build Angkor-Wat in your capital , then Notre-Dame in your capital if still available. Angkor wat is like 100 food when it comes out, and 200 food at turn 100.
(EDIT : - Not sure about that, but halicarnassus sounds good on paper too. Have to test this.)
- Build Machu-Pichu. Now half your 300 food in your capital (actually more, but the 50% bonus to the capital isn't shared) is shared in all other towns. +150 food in all towns. Oof, Dat's a lot of food.
- Take Caravelle + settlers asap, and go to new continent to get rare strategic resources (plenty of them there).
- With all your harbors, take the technologies that give +1 money to each coastal water. Also with all your trade routes, take the +money / trade route.
- Don't forget : Holy sites are useful to help with stability. Don't use them all at once at the same place, or your secondary town may suffer from instability. That being said, the more luxury you got from any source, the less of a problem it will be.
(EDIT : - Also don't forget : Build 1 special building everywhere it is worth it, before era ends. Cothon stacks with harbors (you can have both in every territory), and special science buildings can help a bit.)

Tenets I used for this build :
- Smite Unbelievers : +5 influence in territories under religion's influence. // Might not seem, but this is big early on. Leads to total influence domination really early.
- Undertake Pilgrimage : This will help you further toward this domination. Since every other bonus is only on capital, it is the best in raw numbers. Maybe it is not necessary tho, so feel free to experiment.
- Develop the intellect : This tenet is simply over powered for science. It leads to 200+ science holy sites later on, and even early on, the 40 science on each holy site is just crazy.
- Donate generously : This is not needed, but with all the bonuses to holy sites, i like to have a couple more. Feel free to try something different tho. Up to you.

Useful civics :
Quick note before the list : "Please keep in mind that civics can totally brick your build if you're short on stability. I often keep 1 - 5 civics just because i don't need it right now, or because it could cause a disaster. Be careful with these, as most of the time they are not needed.
- Divine Mandate : +5 faith on each holy site. +5 influence could be a nice boost early if you don't play the olmec and have poor influence generation.
- Foreign innovation : You could argue that its counterpart is also to be considered, especially in the late game. Yup, but it goes the opposite side that i want by a fair amount (and 10% science is quite a bit).
- Inherited lands : Invaluable in the late game, when each claim (with minus cost perks) is like 1500+ and each attach is about 4k influence... Just ignore it until your money income is at least triple your influence and you are struggling with the late wonders claims.
- Codified Laws : Reduces attach cost by 20%. That's some decent bonus for sure.
- Small council : This is good whenever you need a city slot. I tend to wait until the situation arises.
- Religious hostility : This is a really nice boost to your religion dominion.
Best synergies for this build seem to be Progress, Liberty, Individualism. Sad, but effective :P

Of course feel free to take whatever fits the situation. These are just a couple examples to help along.

I probably missed some details, but I think it is more than enough to get a general idea.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 21, 2021, 4:19:29 PM

Thank you for this detailed strategy!  In reading this it became obvious that I am missing MANY of the core game mechanics and have SO MUCH to learn!  Very exciting and this should give me a good push in the right direction.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment