Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Deluxe DLC tag added to multiplayer save game

Copied to clipboard!
8 months ago
Sep 10, 2023, 5:00:24 PM

Me and some mates were playing a humankind game from gamepass and have no dlc. I’m hosting the game and do not own any dlc on Xbox, but when I’ve tried to load the game so we can continue our game it tells me “This file is using at least one additional piece of content that is either missing or disabled“. Every save from turn 188 to turn 163 has been marked with the “Deluxe” content tag preventing any of us from loading it. The most recent save I can load which does not have the tag is turn 142, which was 5 hours of play time ago. We were enjoying the game up until this but none of us are happy about having to redo 5 hours of playtime and we certainly aren’t going to pay 50 pounds to buy the bundle that will let us play a save file which we weren’t using the dlc on anyway. 

Is there anyway to remove the tag? We’re all on the Xbox console playing on gamepass as I’ve stated.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 11, 2023, 1:10:09 AM

I’m also having the same issue only it’s 450 turns worth of playtime. It started last night and i got back on this morning and it worked. I got off and then got back on later in the day and it’s back to saying the game has a content i don’t own. I honestly have no idea what it could be

0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 11, 2023, 12:10:48 PM

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you experienced such unpleasant issue during your game session. Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce the issue on our end.

Currently we assume that the root cause of the issue could be due to:
-The player which was hosting the game during the affected turns had the DLC enabled, which prevents a player without DLC to continue the created save game as Host. 

or
-The issue is related to Server Issue on Microsoft's end involving temporary activation of DLC content for the Gamepass Version.

We will continue investigating, in the mean time any additional information and related screenshots would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and understanding!

Sincerely,
-AB

0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 11, 2023, 3:06:19 PM

I was the host and I do not own the deluxe version on Xbox and did not activate it at any point whilst playing, neither did either of my friend.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 14, 2023, 8:10:04 AM

Hello stonecold531,

Thank you for the provided details.

We were able to identify the issue and our DEV team is already working on it.

Thank you for your time and understanding!

Best regards,
-AB

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 15, 2023, 2:13:50 PM

Same thing happened to me last night (10/14/2023). I just started a war against my last opponent and my game crashed. ALL my saves from this playthrough say its missing deluxe content but I'm just playing the xbox gamepass version (single player) and never had the deluxe content. I'm on turn 237, contemporary era, on a huge map, already settled the new world and conquered all but one of the 10 AI players... what a waste.

I also noticed some achievements don't work, wonder-full in particular shows 99% complete but I've built them all

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 16, 2023, 5:08:41 PM

I'm having the same issue on single player, xbox series x. My saved game no longer loads.  Message reads " This file is using at least one additional piece of content that is either missing or disable." The content is "Deluxe" in red letters.  I am playing on Gamepass and do not have Deluxe add-on.  If I try to purchase Deluxe it reads "Oops. Not sure what happened. Please try again later."  This is the 3rd game its happened now.  This one was at turn 222.  The others were around turn 300.  I love this game and I'm thinking of buying it, but this is game breaking if not fixed.  Thank you.  

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 17, 2023, 12:21:45 PM

Same thing here - LOVED the gameplay and the premise, but I can only restart entire civilizations so many times without finishing any of them. I straight up deleted the game after this exact glitch happened after 6 (six) different games, all hoping for a different result.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 2, 2024, 8:44:50 PM

"We were able to identify the issue and our DEV team is already working on it." Are you though? 4 months later and I'm having this same issue

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 3, 2024, 10:49:15 PM

This issue has not been addressed.

I downloaded the game yesterday on my Series S through GamePass. I played until turn 125 and throughly enjoyed it. Now I cannot load my save or any auto saves as they are all labeled “Deluxe” in red. I cannot “Continue” as it reads “This file is using at least one additional piece of content that is either missing or disabled.”

I was going to start a new game but after seeing that this has been an issue for others I feel I should just delete it. It is literally pointless to play if you cannot load saves.

This isn’t exactly a new game, this kind of game breaking issue is a shame.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message