Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
2 years ago
Jan 1, 2023, 12:58:37 AM

Problem 1: Continents always have similar sizes and shapes (unlike in real life)

Solution 1: Continents have a more random generation in terms of sizes and shapes.

Problem 2: The continents are always completely separated by water with the current generation (unlike in the real world; North America from South America, Africa from Euro Asia...)

Solution 2: Implement sometimes small connections, one tile per example, between continents.  I think it can be very interesting to fight to control these connections.

Updated 20 days ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Mar 17, 2023, 9:00:17 AM

Also, islands are often super tiny with 5 patches of land per territory. Please add a setting to manipuate the size of islands too.

0Send private message
a year ago
May 24, 2023, 6:03:43 AM

I agree that the world generation is often samen and could definitely use some more interesting results. I appreciate that we can customize a lot, but I agree that the continents always come out similar. 

0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 3, 2023, 3:50:08 AM

I would really like to see this too. I'd love continents to resemble more of the shape the earth takes with some land bridges possible

0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 11, 2023, 7:24:18 AM

The first problem you mentioned really creates repetitive playthroughs. For example in Civilization when you set 2 continents and 6 players the following things can happen:

A. 2 similar sized continents, 3 players on each

B. 1 big continent with 4 players, 1 smaller continent with 2 players

C. 1 huge continent with 5 players, 1 tiny continent with 1 player

D. niche situations where a player is placed on a large island, rest go on 2 continents

In humankind when you set 2 continents with 6 players it's always:

A. 2 similar sized continents, 3 players on each

More customizable settings like asymetrical player placement and asymetrical continent sizes in relation to each other would be very nice.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment