Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Possible religion ability

Ideologies

a year ago
Jun 13, 2023, 6:18:53 AM

I have this idea of how to strengthen religion. What if a player had a dominant religion in their empire and the religion's founder became the "faith leader"? Being a faith leader would have unique attributes such as:

• Ability to Call a Holy War on other empires
  • Other empires had to pay small patronage to faith leaders' empire
  • Commission great works to bolster stability among followers of the faith
  • Add a pilgrimage function that could siphon population from neighboring empires without a grievance

On the flip side, other players who aren't leaders could maybe do some of the following:

• Leave the religion for a stability hit depending on how many followers they have in their empire.
  • Challenge the claim of leadership and start a schism, kind of like the 30 years' war.

These are just some of the ideas I thought could help religion be more fleshed out.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Jun 19, 2023, 7:02:15 PM

I'm all for anything that bolsters the religion. 

Also one things that I really really liked from civ was the bonuses you get from religious artifacts and the matching game you play to line up combos. Makes for trading artifacts a part of more intriguing diplomacy and use of spies to steal great works.

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Aug 27, 2023, 3:26:44 PM

I think there's already a "faith leader" mechanic in who gets to select a religion's tenets, but that's pretty lame compared to your idea. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment