Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Land Battle Rework (2 units per hex)

MilitaryBattles

a year ago
Oct 16, 2023, 9:06:26 PM

Hi!

I know this is a big one but let me explain.

I really like the "area" battle system of this game but after the early modern era battles are quite a mess with lots of units often few walkable hex (due to chokepoints) and very few room to manouver and us full movement.

It could be good if, only in battles, 2 units can share the same hex. This will bring few improvements:

- Ranged and melee units can form a frontline allowing pike and shot tactics

- 2 melee units can be combined to protect a critical hex

- Some Units can have bonuses on coupling with others (e.g. phalanx with other phalanx, winged hussars with other winged hussars, javeliners with melee units etc...

- Some Units can have bonus when not coupled (eg skirmishing/ambushing special units)

- there will be more room for cannons that can be massed or combinaed with melee units for protection

- some units can even deploy a special second units in his hex (e.g. Longbowmen and spikes) or trenches for modern units.

Graphically will be not a big deal as an hex is big enough to include 2 units if models are rearranged to be more close together.

Updated 2 months ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Oct 17, 2023, 7:30:57 AM

Writing also in the comments:

Hi!

I know this is a big one but let me explain.

I really like the "area" battle system of this game but after the early modern era battles are quite a mess with lots of units often few walkable hex (due to chokepoints) and very few room to manouver and us full movement.

It could be good if, only in battles, 2 units can share the same hex. This will bring few improvements:

- Ranged and melee units can form a frontline allowing pike and shot tactics

- 2 melee units can be combined to protect a critical hex

- Some Units can have bonuses on coupling with others (e.g. phalanx with other phalanx, winged hussars with other winged hussars, javeliners with melee units etc...

- Some Units can have bonus when not coupled (eg skirmishing/ambushing special units)

- there will be more room for cannons that can be massed or combinaed with melee units for protection

- some units can even deploy a special second units in his hex (e.g. Longbowmen and spikes) or trenches for modern units.

Graphically will be not a big deal as an hex is big enough to include 2 units if models are rearranged to be more close together.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment