Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Let players (and AI) toggle ambush on Units

Game optionsNotification systemBattles

a year ago
Oct 19, 2023, 11:20:13 PM

Stealth units right now are in a very weird state with diplomats, since diplomats run through territory constantly risking ambushes with every move. An easy way to solve this issue would be to toggle ambushes on or off for specific armies, and for each ambush ignored simply giving the unit a detection penalty depending on how many units were in the army that would have been ambushed. This also makes spies less useless, because right now its nigh impossible for a lone agent to finish an action before a random unit stumbles upon it. If a player wanted to use their agent for espionage they should be allowed to toggle ambushing on that unit off. This would also lead to a lot less random ambushing grievances from the AI, which tend to give the player an unfair edge through unearned war support.

Possible problem and solution to said problem: What happens when a unit finishes its movement (either because there's no more movement points or because the player doesn't want to move it anymore) in the same hex as a stealth unit without ambush toggled on? I would personally say the stealthed unit is prompted to move if it has movement, or forced to ambush if it doesn't have movement. There might be other more complicated solutions, but this seems like the easiest and least complicated.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
10 months ago
Dec 4, 2023, 8:02:16 PM

Yes! It is quite annoying when you are trying to sneak in your spies only for them to trigger an unfavorable ambush. It does seem complex to make it work smooth but I hope the devs look into this. I think it is one of the biggest complaints about the game since the introduction of TWR. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment