ok so i've been trying to do this for awhile but lets hope at least this works.
sengoku jidai japan, holy roman empire.
i've been wanting both of these for the better part of 2 years, the former since day 1.
the idea came when i saw not only edo period japan and no other japanese culture before but that they had the naginata samurai, naginatas were a weapon popular in the heian period, where battles were much smaller and were about quality over quantity. the naginata is a swinging weapon primarily, pretty difficult to swing a weapon while crowded by 1000s of soldiers, which is the exact reason the yari took the place of the naginata, it was easy to craft, low maintenance, and ease to learn.
the holy roman empire stems from the problem that the medieval era doesn't have a lot of fighting cultures, there is the mongols but they are pretty easy to beat if you're the franks or just spam pikemen
and the zulu which funny enough is only 1 of 2 cultures to have a melee based unit in the medieval era.
the holy roman empire was one of the biggest empires in human history along with being one of the biggest rivals to the muslims in the crusades, the idea of the holy roman empire crossing the desert scared saladin into splitting his army and fighting richard the lionheart.
what i would love is to make a sengoku jidai japan either medieval or early modern era since the sengoku period take place in both technically. and i would love to see the ashigaru become a unit in the game, either the ashigaru weilding yari or the matchlock ahhhh would be so cool, which technically we do since if you take matchlocks as the edo period japanese they have the jingasa which is a hint to them being ahigaru, but nothing would please me more then to actually see them
and as for the holy roman empire, i'm unsure, since it was leadership that led to their wide rule rather than very professional soldiers, and you can't use the teutonics since they are already in the game.
welp anyway have a great day