Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Make AI claim speed decreasable (e.g. via difficulty)

CulturesGame options

a year ago
Oct 29, 2023, 9:36:12 PM

When playing with AI opponents, it can be very frustrating to get "same-turned" by the AI on claiming a critical culture or cultural wonder, as the AI is always the first to claim, even if you try your hardest.

It would be nice if the claiming speed of the AI could somehow be slowed down so that a player has a chance to "same-turn" the AI like one has with a human opponent.

This claiming speed slowdown could be scaled by difficulty, with Humankind difficulty being the current instant claiming and it slowing down a bit with each difficulty setting. On the lowest setting, the AI could "wait" until the player has finished their turn and only then choose their culture / claim a wonder.

Updated 7 days ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Nov 2, 2023, 5:09:56 AM

They've already implemented a delay until an action happens - the problem is that the pop-ups count as an action. And you can't turn those off.

I can still sometimes beat them for claiming a culture if I open it right away and the culture is close and you open it - I think once you open it to view, they can't claim it, so you can then click the button. But I hate clickfest. That's why I play turn based games instead of RT.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment