Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Dungeon
Universe banner wording

Denuvo in Endless Dungeon - Please remove it!

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 3, 2022, 5:17:40 AM
Slashman wrote:
Khaar wrote:
Astamarr wrote:
Khaar wrote:

Is Denuvo already integrated in the OpenDev beta? 

Yes, it is. 

This makes me so very sad to hear because it means that I will not participate in the playtest, even though I have already access to the OpenDev and I almost can't wait to play it.

Dungeon of the Dungeon of the Endless is one of my most played games in Steam with almost 100 hours playtime. I had so much fun getting ALL achievements!

I hope that once there is a pirated version of Endless Dungeon Amplitude will remove Denuvo from the game.

That hasn't been Sega's pattern with Denuvo in the past. The original Total War: Warhammer still has Denuvo active in it.

It is a shame because both Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal had it and removed it after a suitable amount of time. Sega does not have this track record.

But Amplitude has removed denuvo from Humankind, they can do it again.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 3, 2022, 6:45:30 AM

I think it reflects poorly on Amplitude that they know their customers already had a major issue with this during their last games launch, yet here they are now trying to launch a game with it again. 

I've already de-wishlisted this game on Steam.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 4, 2022, 9:20:27 AM

I know I'm out-of scope, but I'm playing all my games on Linux (with Proton). The endless series work nicely, but I'm a bit concerned this DRM will lock me out of the game :(

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 5, 2022, 6:26:33 PM
Cristata wrote:

I think it reflects poorly on Amplitude that they know their customers already had a major issue with this during their last games launch, yet here they are now trying to launch a game with it again. 

and from the sounds of it the devs might be doubling down on it, but I still want to know if this is a launch only thing or if its permanent.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 6, 2022, 10:40:45 PM
DragonGaming wrote:
Cristata wrote:

and from the sounds of it the devs might be doubling down on it, but I still want to know if this is a launch only thing or if its permanent.

I'm not 100% on it, because i more or less write the pc versions off completely once they're infected with Denuvo- but I don't believe Sega has removed any once they've launched with it.  Capcom and others have, but not so much with Sega.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 11, 2022, 10:03:42 PM

Just as a reminder to everyone why DRM is bad, it looks like Ubisoft is planning on decommissioning a DRM authentication server that will disable access to single-player DLC that people already paid for. And it's worth noting that some of the games that are mentioned here were still put on sale during Steam's recent Summer Sale. How incredibly scummy.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-september-2022/000102396

Seriously, I hate DRM, and it is mind-blowing that there are corporate types in 2022 who honestly think that DRM somehow stops piracy.  The only people hurt by DRM are those who "did the right thing" and didn't pirate the game.  What a way to reward loyalty.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 14, 2022, 11:20:50 AM

Gotta think of the PR fallout versus the probably minimal actual loss from piracy the game will be hit with. Seems like an easy choice to remove DRM at that point. Hopefully the devs will fight for the players in this situation. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 14, 2022, 5:48:56 PM

Rarek wrote:

Gotta think of the PR fallout

I don't think they expect one, since

a) unlike HK there is no direct competitor to turn to

b) game's audience will probably be "modest" anyway, to begin with

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 15, 2022, 7:53:43 PM

Just like they patched ES2 and its DLCs. If they won't remove it earlier, then they stop pushing new DLCs out, it will stay there forever.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 15, 2022, 8:38:35 PM
Sublustris wrote:

Just like they patched ES2 and its DLCs. If they won't remove it earlier, then they stop pushing new DLCs out, it will stay there forever.

On that note, I do wish that they would patch some of the more glaring issues in ES2/DotE and finally bring the Let The Pug Out update for DotE to PC.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 20, 2022, 9:23:56 AM

Well isn't this funnier than fun? Amplitude who swore they will never change, after willingly selling themselves to Sega strikes again LUL, great stuff. Some guys from here maybe still believe Amplitude is the same great company as it once was and we all loved it, that is why they are shocked and still care a lot. Times have changed unfortunately after they sold themselves to Sega for a good steady income so they could care less about their fan base in reality and depend even less on their money. They only say they still care in words, but the results and the implementations they come with confirm they don't care anymore that much, they are going mainstream. 

So, the more the quality of their games will degrade and become worse, oversimplified, mainstream, and so on, the more Denuvo, DRMs, loot boxes, mobile like features, skins, child addiction methods and so on you will see implemented. Unfortunately that is the new normal :facepalm:. You can see that from Humankind, the worst 4x they ever made (after they sold themselves to Sega) that has for more than a year the lowest rating on Steam (mixed) compared to any of their previous games that gave good/great ratings. Endless Dungeon who seemed like a cool sequel on paper is more like a oversimplified pew-pew-pew looter shooter and 0 brain with almost no strategic depth from what I saw in their OpenDev. So let's wonder what will it be next? A Diablo Immortal loot box driven Endless game? LUL

You can also feel it in your gut when the most upvoted discussions change from: what a great game, what a great concept, such cool features, to why should or should not DRMs and loot boxes and other crap be implemented, why is the game so simplistic compared to the previous and lots of other great stuff :)))

So everyone enjoy the new Amplitude Studios who willingly sold themselves to Sega!

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 1, 2022, 7:33:26 AM

i will not buy any game with intrusive DRM. steam is DRM enough. all DRM will be cracked anyway, denuvo is no different, if devs put shit like that in their game it makes me question their faith in their own game.

games with zero drm (as in you can literally just send the files to a friend and it would work) still regularly make GREAT sale numbers. its because if the game is GOOD people WILL buy it. if devs start focusing on thinking about excuses as to why their game isnt selling "we needed a stronger DRM" etc, then that makes me question the devs faith in their own product.

if denuvo is in the game i will not purchase the game with my hard earned dollars. i aint giving my money to anyone who treats their own customers with disdain and their own product with no belief in its ability to succeed, and are willing to bog it down with a terrible drm.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 1, 2022, 7:36:53 AM
SpikedWallMan wrote:

The only people hurt by DRM are those who "did the right thing" and didn't pirate the game.  What a way to reward loyalty.

This is 100% true, so it should be clear to everyone what they should do to a game that comes with DRM. Are you going to be the sucker who paid to get an inferior product? If the devs treat you like a thief and treat their customers with disdain you might as well walk the path they paved for you.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 1, 2022, 9:28:47 AM

As long as the devs remove Denuvo after it is no longer useful, I don't mind them using it in the beginning where it actually protects them from theft. Yes DRM sucks due to impacting performance on many PC's, but we live in a world where developers are forced into using it when launching their games. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 1, 2022, 12:05:17 PM

To make the DRM situation even more horrible, Denuvo announced recently that they're releasing Denuvo Anto-Tamper for Nintendo Switch.  This is probably somehow worse than Denuvo for PC because there has always been comfort in the fact that you can load a Switch cartridge into a console and expect it to run in some capacity even if Nintendo's online servers go down.  (Sure, you'll miss out on updates, but technically the game should run without Day 0 patches.)  If the cartridge shipped on Day 0 has Denuvo on it though, then the excuse of "well, we will remove it later" goes away because Nintendo is not reliable at all when it comes to keeping their online servers up and running for older consoles.  So when Nintendo decommissions the Switch servers and you cannot download game updates anymore, then you're going to have a completely bricked cartridge if Denuvo decides to discontinue support for their Switch authentication servers and you don't have the Denuvo removal update backed up somewhere.  Of course, I'm sure that the emulation scene will have it circumvented eventually which means that the people who paid for their Denuvo'd Switch cartridge will once again be the losers here (along with the company who got scammed into purchasing the worthless Denuvo license in the first place).

So this is yet another reason why DRM is awful and anti-consumer, and its horrible to see this blight creeping into console games.

Mithrandir wrote:

we live in a world where developers are forced into using it when launching their games. 

The devs aren't forced to do anything. Piracy does not mean that the devs lost a sale, and including DRM means that the pirates will just play something else until the DRM is cracked/removed. These pirates can download basically any game made over video gaming's entire 50 year history so what makes you think that they'll suddenly decide to pay for a new DRM'd game when they literally have hundreds of thousands of other games that are already in their piracy backlog?

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 1, 2022, 1:52:00 PM
Mithrandir wrote:

but we live in a world where developers are forced into using it when launching their games. 

no, we do not

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 1, 2022, 4:09:59 PM
Mithrandir wrote:

Yes DRM sucks due to impacting performance on many PC's, but we live in a world where developers are forced into using it when launching their games. 

CD Projekt Red / GOG

0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 1, 2022, 11:00:29 PM

Another thing to note is that Denuvo actually encourages Piracy as it gives people a reason to crack the game, If Amplitude worries about piracy, then getting rid of denuvo actually will help ease their worries. It may not outright stop piracy (because nothing can), but it will definitely minimize it as there wont be as much of a reason to crack the game.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message