Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Dungeon
Universe banner wording

Denuvo in Endless Dungeon - Please remove it!

Copied to clipboard!
4 months ago
Dec 18, 2023, 7:23:40 PM
CaptainCobbs wrote:

FromSoft uses EAC, not a great example

Agreed.  I have heard rumors that it can be bypassed in Elden Ring, but the fact that FromSoft put EAC in there in the first place makes them a bad example.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 15, 2024, 6:17:12 AM

Its been 4 months and judging from the steam charts and review count, I believe its safe to say that the release window is over now.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 15, 2024, 10:03:16 AM

Give it 2 more years till they stop updating it and release on GOG.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 15, 2024, 11:08:39 AM
DragonGaming wrote:

Its been 4 months and judging from the steam charts and review count, I believe its safe to say that the release window is over now.

In four days, it will be three months, but nevertheless, I agree with you; the release period is long past, and sales should have already dropped to a minimum. According to SteamDB, the game now has only between 30 and 160 players concurrently each day. Therefore, Denuvo seems to have long fulfilled its (supposed) purpose and is entirely unnecessary:

I sincerely hope that Denuvo will now be removed from the game, and I can FINALLY play the game that I pre-ordered...

Please, Amplitude, stop ignoring us all for so long. It's starting to feel like you're spitting on us.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 15, 2024, 5:08:12 PM

Not sure, if I'd buy Endless Dungeon, now. I didn't buy on release because of Denuvo. Waiting for better reviews, as long as the current content/replay value seems to lack.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 16, 2024, 12:34:00 AM
Khaar wrote:
DragonGaming wrote:

In four days, it will be three months, but nevertheless, I agree with you; the release period is long past, and sales should have already dropped to a minimum. According to SteamDB, the game now has only between 30 and 160 players concurrently each day. Therefore, Denuvo seems to have long fulfilled its (supposed) purpose and is entirely unnecessary:

I sincerely hope that Denuvo will now be removed from the game, and I can FINALLY play the game that I pre-ordered...

Please, Amplitude, stop ignoring us all for so long. It's starting to feel like you're spitting on us.

As much as I hope for the game to succeed, I fear its already too late, having lost 98.4% of players in just the past 2 months, which is a catastrophic failure given this game clearly puts multiplayer upfront and center, a multiplayer game with little to no multiplayer activity is a failed game, and most people have commented that they cant even find public matches anymore now. mixed reviews being as low as 52% in recent reviews, and its major updates arent helping, with the "on the rocks" patch is being called the nerf patch with a across the board nerf of almost every player equipment and ability, enemies got stronger while the only actual player buff being that turret damage was increased by 10%, which judging by the comments to it, has failed to address the real problem with turrets like the range and/or placement of the turrets. And with Endless Dungeon already being on its last legs, what does amplitude do, whip out the plushie. I fear this game is already dead.

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 16, 2024, 12:31:33 PM

While I'm not going to jump on the "doom and gloom" bandwagon here, I will point out that this is starting to look like one of those cases where a dev promises to remove the DRM and then forgets about it because something else comes up.  I've seen it happen time and time again where devs insist that they've added something as a short-term thing and that they will definitely remove the DRM, add an offline mode, patch a bug, add a quality of life feature, etc. at a later date, but then development gets hectic, they start working on their next game, the game gets abandoned, the studio closes, etc. and the "short-term" compromise never gets resolved.

So I'm not saying that Amplitude is intentionally acting maliciously, but I'm just pointing out the fallacy of the "it's a temporary measure that will only be in place for a few weeks" DRM argument that's used to try to trick customers into thinking that DRM really isn't that bad.

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
15 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 8:04:45 AM

Today marks exactly six months since Endless Dungeon was released. Despite expressing my dislike for Denuvo before the release, I still pre-ordered the game. I had trusted that Denuvo was only meant to protect potential sales during the release period, but that this software would be removed later. However, to this day, that has not happened. That's why, while I own Endless Dungeon, I haven't installed or played it yet (except for the Insider Preview to provide feedback).

I am truly disappointed. Amplitude remains completely silent, ignoring this extremely popular thread for ages and not signaling in any way that Denuvo will be removed anytime soon. My disappointment with my once-favorite developer has grown so much that I must reluctantly say that I will no longer purchase additional content for Endless Dungeon. I also won't pre-order any games from Amplitude anymore unless it is explicitly stated by Amplitude that they will refrain from using Denuvo and similar software in future games.

I say this as someone who was so loyal to Amplitude that I even bought all the DLCs for Endless Space 2, even though I didn't enjoy the game nearly as much as ES1 or my beloved Endless Legend. But times change, people change, business partners change (hello SEGA). Perhaps Amplitude will eventually return to its roots, or maybe it's time for me to bid farewell to Amplitude.

Best regards, Khaar

0Send private message
14 days ago
Apr 19, 2024, 4:26:37 PM

Still haven't bought it.  It's sort of fallen off my radar at this point so I didn't realize that they still haven't removed the DRM.

I guess there's maybe some truth to the "first two weeks" myth that Denuvo uses to scare devs - except that the way the story really goes is that if you don't grab the attention of people like me in the first two weeks then I forget to buy it until there's a massive sale that reminds me to check if the DRM has been removed. So the devs are losing money either way, but the key difference here is that there was definitely a lost preorder from me instead of some vague "lost sales due to piracy" statistic that can't be measured or proved.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message