Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Will you watch the most important possible (part.) physics discovery of the last 20y?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 11:15:03 PM
Unrelated fact: 4 trillion degrees Celsius is the recently updated hottest man-made temperature.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 9:06:36 PM
adder wrote:
no, I really am interested but aren't all these spokesmen going to say the same over and over again?

(the Higgs particle ain't gonna change in these few hours).

If so, I could only watch the beginning smiley: smile (or am I missing the point here?)

Luckily, I'm hyper-active

Not the same, but it may seem so for the layman. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 9:00:11 PM
no, I really am interested but aren't all these spokesmen going to say the same over and over again?

(the Higgs particle ain't gonna change in these few hours).

If so, I could only watch the beginning smiley: smile (or am I missing the point here?)

SpaceVC wrote:
That, AND Endless Space discovery, on the same day? We are overworked. smiley: yell

Luckily, I'm hyper-active

0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 8:52:49 PM
Raptor wrote:
Oh man it will last that long?! I won't be listening to such a long conference no no, if it was a NASA conference on a first contact with aliens I'd watch a 24 h conference if I have to, but so much talking on a particle that is barely detectable... I guess I'll watch a resume smiley: smile

adder wrote:
Ah,.. me and reading.. all these , I never get them smiley: frown

Hey, you two, when real researchers go public, they have to present solid proof, answer all upcoming questions and be absolutely sure that what they do is right. If the Higgs boson is discovered, this is one of the surefire nobel prize winners.

Unlike presidential announcements, this lengthy talk will detail all sources of information, how they were derived and where they came from.

It's safe to say each spokesperson will take an hour for their presentation, the CERN director half an hour and then there'll be the questions you can easily skip. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 8:52:02 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Will you watch the most important possible (part.) physics discovery of the last 20y?

That, AND Endless Space discovery, on the same day? We are overworked. smiley: yell
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 8:49:57 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
I fear that to be a misunderstanding. The session might very well LAST til 13:30 if there are too many questions by the media and the present researchers. XD

Ah,.. me and reading.. all these , I never get them smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 8:49:55 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
I fear that to be a misunderstanding. The session might very well LAST til 13:30 if there are too many questions by the media and the present researchers. XD

Oh man it will last that long?! I won't be listening to such a long conference no no, if it was a NASA conference on a first contact with aliens I'd watch a 24 h conference if I have to, but so much talking on a particle that is barely detectable... I guess I'll watch a resume smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 8:45:06 PM
adder wrote:
it appears it is done again on 13:30 (see this, down at "dates")

But cern has a webcast archive. You should be able to find it, there.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 8:41:03 PM
it appears it is done again on 13:30 (see this, down at "dates")
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 8:37:46 PM
adder wrote:
this is at 9:00 in the morning?

awtch thats early.. Is it possible watch later?

(if not please record this for me, I'm interested)

It'll definitely be in the news and I'd be surprised if there wouldn't be video uploads of it.

Anyways, I hate standing up, early, too. I'm all in for the cookies, though! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 8:36:30 PM
this is at 9:00 in the morning?

awtch thats early.. Is it possible watch later?

(if not please record this for me, I'm interested)
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment