Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What made you a 'gamer'?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 17, 2012, 6:07:25 PM
Astra wrote:
Oh man, that's evil. I would've been so upset. At least you've got something on the 360 Arcade. They've got quite a few that I love, like Dig Dug and Contra. Have you heard of Gog.com?

Heard of it, not sure if I'll ever use it. I already have Steam games piling up that I need to play. Although, there is one game that if they have, I'll almost definitely get it: Do they have Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds? (The RTS game). Another great game lost to the passage of time, I'm afraid.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 17, 2012, 3:22:41 PM
I think I started years ago with a super old version of Prince of Persia when I was in elementary school! Then throughout the years, I casually played on PC, games likes Tomb Raider (with the butler in the freezer and the dinosaur at one point!! smiley: biggrin), and on some friends' consoles (Sonic and Streets of Rage on SEGA, Resident Evil 4 & some James Bond game on GameCube, some Street Fighter, a bit of Playstation here and there). That was so long ago, I cannot remember how old I was! smiley: biggrin

In 2008, I got Half Life, on Steam and that's when I became some kind of nerd. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 17, 2012, 4:01:19 AM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
Parents threw it out while I was still too young to protest.

I managed to get my Banjo Tooie cartridge, though. I bought the game (and its prequel) again over the Xbox 360 Arcade, but I still have my N64 version, basically as a souvenir of my childhood.

Oh man, that's evil. I would've been so upset. At least you've got something on the 360 Arcade. They've got quite a few that I love, like Dig Dug and Contra. Have you heard of Gog.com?

I guess the only answer I can give to this is "being born". My mom and dad were both playtesters for Chainmail and the original Dungeons and Dragons pen-and-paper games, and my dad was a senior software engineer for DEC. Put the two together, and I was kinda destined to become a computer gamer...

That's awesome. I suppose you didn't have much of a choice in your destiny, did you? smiley: stickouttongue Did you get to hear anything about your parents' impressions of the current games they were playtesting?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 17, 2012, 3:21:04 AM
I guess the only answer I can give to this is "being born". My mom and dad were both playtesters for Chainmail and the original Dungeons and Dragons pen-and-paper games, and my dad was a senior software engineer for DEC. Put the two together, and I was kinda destined to become a computer gamer...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 17, 2012, 2:14:45 AM
Astra wrote:
Do you still have your N64? Everyone I know that owned one as a kid still have them -- and even still use them from time to time.

Parents threw it out while I was still too young to protest.

I managed to get my Banjo Tooie cartridge, though. I bought the game (and its prequel) again over the Xbox 360 Arcade, but I still have my N64 version, basically as a souvenir of my childhood.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 17, 2012, 2:06:01 AM
Bionic commando Elites forces for the GBC was my first game ever. Played it ti'll the batteries died everytime, ever since then it's been all about games man.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 17, 2012, 1:39:57 AM
Do you still have your N64? Everyone I know that owned one as a kid still have them -- and even still use them from time to time.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 17, 2012, 12:54:02 AM
Command and Conquer. I started with Generals. There went my childhood.

I also played Banjo Tooie on the N64. Game of the year, all years.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment