12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 11:44:34 PM
Galactic Civilizations II

Still waiting for the sequel on that one
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 9:52:00 AM
Endless Space smiley: smile

It seems others wouldn't count Alpha Centuari as one but I played that a lot (though I much prefered Call to Power and fusion tanks smiley: biggrin)

However I get the same feeling playing ES as I did when I first played Escape Velocity Nova (The lore!). Can't wait till final release that's for sure.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 11:15:23 AM
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, if that counts. Still my favorite game ever, bar none.

Otherwise, I think it was Master of Orion III. As a Mac gamer, my options were sadly limited.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 11:54:09 PM
Galactic Civilizations II Dark Lords, or if it counts the Beyond the Sword space mod for Civ 4!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 6:34:50 PM
Pax Imperia counts? Otherwise, Imperium Galactica, MOO1 and Fragile Allegiance comes to my mind.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 8:18:27 PM
First for me was

Sins of a Solar Empire

Very epic game and I would play massive battles and galaxies on it. Caused my computer to crash twice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 10:34:50 PM
Ah it's nice to see some people still remember Alpha Centauri smiley: smile I'd say my first space 4x was Imperium Galactica 2 I believe.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 10:54:47 PM
it wasn't a proper 4X but the very fisrt vaguely similar (or at least enough to give the taste for conquering galxies) game I remember playing was somthing that became "Spaceward Ho !" later (don't remember the first name, though)

The first proper 4x would be Pax Imperia

Pax Imperia counts? Otherwise, Imperium Galactica, MOO1 and Fragile Allegiance comes to my mind.

(Can't see why it wouldn't).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 7:21:58 AM
lyravega wrote:

Pax Imperia definitely counts, yes. smiley: smile

Never heard of Fragile Allegiance before, though. I somehow missed that one!

smuchmuch wrote:
it wasn't a proper 4X but the very fisrt vaguely similar (or at least enough to give the taste for conquering galxies) game I remember playing was somthing that became "Spaceward Ho !" later (don't remember the first name, though)

Spaceward Ho! IV is awesome. I still have it installed on my desktop. Great fun!

I would say it counts as a 4x title, albeit a very shallow one. It's definitely a light "beer and pretzels" game, at least by the standards of the genre; you can easily knock out a match inside an hour.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 9:10:18 PM
My First 4X game was Ascendency then Stars! loved both of those games & spent many hours playing them smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 5:02:31 AM
Prophet wrote:
Stars!

SpaceDogTaz wrote:
Stars!

These posters, these posters know where it's at. Also, big smiles for Spaceward Ho!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 2:01:33 PM
Master of Orion 2. Remembering the short animation you would see when destroying a planet still warms my heart xD.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment