Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Happy Guy Fawkes Day for tomorrow

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 5, 2012, 11:44:31 PM
Ah yes, that makes sense.

Still don't get why he's a symbol for the other guys though smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 7:33:04 PM
n18991c wrote:
Especially crispy duck Chinese-style I'd imagine... absolutely delicious! smiley: wink

That's what the chinese restaurant for smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 7:13:14 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Well, lamb and duck aren't that common here, but still people eat it smiley: biggrin

Especially crispy duck Chinese-style I'd imagine... absolutely delicious! smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 5:01:20 PM
Mansen wrote:
Lamb and duck used to be pretty common here I believe - we're a farm culture by heart afterall. smiley: sweat

Well, lamb and duck aren't that common here, but still people eat it smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 11:38:13 AM
Lamb and duck used to be pretty common here I believe - we're a farm culture by heart afterall. smiley: sweat
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 10:40:40 AM
Although admittedly many people also aren't too fond of more exotic stuff like lamb and goat (or generally game for that matter)... Not me though, I like to try out new things and actually quite like lamb... smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 7, 2012, 11:21:06 PM
Mansen wrote:
It's more a question of the supermarkets not selling it - but come holiday season they are everywhere - and cheap to boot. It's quite sad really - back when I was a kid, lamb and goat was incredibly cheap and everywhere. Today you can barely get it at a professional butcher shop, let alone supermarkets. smiley: sad

All the restaurants here in Austria are selling menus with it smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 7, 2012, 10:36:16 PM
It's more a question of the supermarkets not selling it - but come holiday season they are everywhere - and cheap to boot. It's quite sad really - back when I was a kid, lamb and goat was incredibly cheap and everywhere. Today you can barely get it at a professional butcher shop, let alone supermarkets. smiley: sad
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 7, 2012, 10:17:17 PM
n18991c wrote:
More like "DuckDuckBangDead"...

Ahahaha nice lol

Here it's more like "Martinigansl" smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 6, 2012, 8:13:08 PM
Mansen wrote:
Don't have Guy Fawkes day here but we have our share of religious and national holidays. Morten's Eve is coming up - also known as St. Martin's day. People tend to cook duck (pretty hard to get outside of these specific holidays, sadly) and often light bonfires. smiley: sarcastic

Really? Duck is quite abundant here, just a quick trip to the pond at the end of my road really smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 6, 2012, 8:10:07 AM
Don't have Guy Fawkes day here but we have our share of religious and national holidays. Morten's Eve is coming up - also known as St. Martin's day. People tend to cook duck (pretty hard to get outside of these specific holidays, sadly) and often light bonfires. smiley: sarcastic
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 4, 2012, 8:30:20 PM
Here in the UK we celebrate Guy Fawkes Day tomorrow, the 5th November, when the afore-mentioned criminal tried to blow up the houses of parliament. He was prevented in the nick of time, and then tortured terribly until he confessed to the crime of being a traitor. Strange I know. Do you in other countries have anything like this tomorrow? We also call it Fireworks Day or Bonfire Night.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 5, 2012, 10:23:53 PM
I'm not entirely sure bit I believe he is a symbol because because he was a martyr.

As I have said above, the reason for the "holiday" (loosely used because unless I get a day off for it its not really a holiday) is political propaganda. In other words the government made an example of him and with the holiday were basically saying "Look this guy tried to blow us up and look where it got him, I wouldn't try anything against us if I were you".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 5, 2012, 9:20:42 PM
Heard of, seen the movie.

I just don't get why he's a symbol, especially for "freedom fighters".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 5, 2012, 6:51:05 PM
Ahielia wrote:
Why exactly is that day celebrated? That he was stopped? Or that he almost succeeded?

As I understand it, he was trying to overthrow the government, and replace it with an even worse one. All in the name of freedom. So why Anonymous and other "freedom fighters" use his mask, is beyond me.

You never heard of V for Vendetta?

He´s a symbol.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 5, 2012, 4:32:41 PM
If i remember right it is more a day about being free kinda like 4th of july in america. Even so I still celebrate Guy Fawkes day here in america just cause I envy his try at freedom.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 5, 2012, 3:23:39 PM
Why exactly is that day celebrated? That he was stopped? Or that he almost succeeded?

As I understand it, he was trying to overthrow the government, and replace it with an even worse one. All in the name of freedom. So why Anonymous and other "freedom fighters" use his mask, is beyond me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 5, 2012, 10:05:55 AM
Well I have glasses but can get away with it because I'm long sited so as long as I don't have to read anything I'm fine to wear masks. Not that I generally wear masks, I generally prefer to let my victims see the joy in my eyes. Wait, I've said too much.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment