Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Disney buys Star Wars!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 9:13:20 PM
skynet464 wrote:
So your saying that lightsaber battles make up for terrible dialogue, terrible plot, and overuse of CGI?

I like CGI, they make the best COD games.

And really I can't judge dialog and plot until my own movies come out.

They were sufficient and got the point across, not that I was looking for compelling story's from a star wars movie, considering the highly original name so really yes I would say that the battles and cheesy dialogue made up for it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 30, 2012, 9:25:51 PM
The focus group obviously isn't anyone who watched and loved the original series. But I'm sure the kiddies will gobble up just about anything these days. But of course well produced waste is better than poorly produced waste. smiley: sarcastic
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 7:24:29 AM
Mansen wrote:
But of course well produced waste is better than poorly produced waste. smiley: sarcastic

lol .
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 9:45:23 AM
Mansen wrote:
But of course well produced waste is better than poorly produced waste. smiley: sarcastic

Doesn't change the fact that it's crap smiley: stickouttongue

nats wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20146942

This could be good and this could be bad. Either way it's interesting news.

I put my money on it being bad.

I mean, do you really think they bought it just for the sake of reviving it for the fans? No way man, profit. And that means a rush job, to minimise the expenses, most Star Wars fans will see it, and there's their profits. Repeat with most that comes later. What do they care if it's really good, big companies like that tend to be blinded by all the money.

Take a look at EA.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 3:22:07 PM
Ahielia wrote:

I put my money on it being bad. I mean, do you really think they bought it just for the sake of reviving it for the fans? No way man, profit.

Well to be brutally honest it cant possibly be worse than Episodes 1-3 or Clone Wars, which almost killed the whole thing for me and I was a mega mega fan of Star Wars (the original) and ESB. If it is even half as good as Star Wars (Episode 4 - if I have to say it) it will still be great.

And there was no chance of seeing a sequel from Lucas he is just not intersted anymore. If they get a good director and writer and get some of the old actors back (Hamill and Ford maybe) reproising their old roles along with a very good selection of new ones to take the story forward, like was done with the latest Star Trek, it could be very good.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 3:59:42 PM
I never really got why episodes 1-3 were worse then 4-6, all of star wars was kinda silly and family friendly.

The most serious one of the lot has to be episode 3, but really I feel it might be down to the growing up effect where people grew up with the originals and as adults are able to see the flaws in the newer ones.

None of them were really that bad, even the clone wars cartoons were good for what they were.

It might be unfair to criticize the newer movies until they are made.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 5:34:45 PM
Plus, at the same time, Disney is doing a pretty good job with all of the Marvel movies. So...As reluctant as I am to say it, I'll give Disney a chance at bringing out another Star Wars movie.

They just need to be really careful how they do it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 8:24:20 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
They just need to be really careful how they do it.

Very careful, indeed!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 9:01:33 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
I never really got why episodes 1-3 were worse then 4-6, all of star wars was kinda silly and family friendly.

The most serious one of the lot has to be episode 3, but really I feel it might be down to the growing up effect where people grew up with the originals and as adults are able to see the flaws in the newer ones.

None of them were really that bad, even the clone wars cartoons were good for what they were.

So your saying that lightsaber battles make up for terrible dialogue, terrible plot, and overuse of CGI?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 9:17:18 PM
Igncom1 wrote:

0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 9:28:29 PM
Did I do something silly?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 9:31:51 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Did I do something silly?

I think that people might disagree with your opinion smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 9:38:27 PM
Fair enough! But then again I do tend to be the guy who like the stuff no one else seems to.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 9:50:56 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Fair enough! But then again I do tend to be the guy who like the stuff no one else seems to.

Good, a flaw in the system smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 9:59:21 PM
Its not that the first three films were particularly bad films its just that they were very much anticipated and a complete let down compared to the first film. But then nothing whatsoever could ever compare to the first film in my book.

I was 11 when Star Wars came out. I queued down a back lane to get in the cinema to see it at the Newcastle Odeon with my parents (last time I ever did that for a film). It blew me away as a kid. I had seen nothing like it before. I had been really into WW2 before that - plastic soldiers, action man, model planes - you know the stuff. After Star Wars, Star Wars and Scifi was all I was into. It changed my entire life. I was that kid featured in Toy Story!

So for me nothing can compare to the first film, except maybe the second film, which was almost as good.

I think a lot of kids were like me. With all the decent films coming out these days you forget what an impact Star Wars had on the world. We had Darth Vader in our Newcastle Fenwick's toystore. I saw Boba Fett in Blackpool. Star Wars was all over the papers and there were loads of toys for it - never before had there been toys following up films to that extent. When was the last time anything like that happened in the world for kids? Not ever since Star Wars I would say. And even now those same toys fetch hundreds, if not thousands of pounds, on Ebay.

Star Wars was for me the most important event in my life to date and Ive had a lot going on in my life!

Now I look back at the film and I see its flaws and think pah its not that great. But I wouldn't change me in 1977 for the world. Great memories.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 31, 2012, 10:03:32 PM
All I did, was a "Star Wars Marathon" at home with friends - all films, chronological order, one after each other smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 1, 2012, 10:01:25 AM
Tredecim wrote:
All I did, was a "Star Wars Marathon" at home with friends - all films, chronological order, one after each other smiley: biggrin

I should do that too, got all 6 on blu-ray smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment