Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Forum RP [Recruitment]

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Feb 17, 2017, 9:26:11 AM

I went and updated the species table again, and this time I remembered to update the size list as well. Nothing actually affecting anyone, just some replacing of redundant ES1 species with ES2 minor factions and some additions I must have forgotten last time.

Anyone heard of BlackBird recently? Rolak has been inactive for some time now.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 17, 2017, 11:56:06 AM

I talked to him and he's sorta tired and lacking inspiration for making a post. 

6:23 PM - CajunFriedCthullu: I think what happened is that i got into a ww2/famtasy kick while binging hearts of iron
6:23 PM - CajunFriedCthullu: And now that im off im in a sort of limbo
6:23 PM - CajunFriedCthullu: Anywho g'night 

Also, he says it's okay if someone takes control of his character while he's inactive. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 22, 2017, 7:00:28 PM

So, is anyone else torn on the new OpBot vote for ES2? Because I can't decide between Lone Explorer and Production Comptroller.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 22, 2017, 8:08:34 PM

0 °K, really? Where did they learn their science, Portal? The unit symbol for the Kelvin is K. There is no degrees there. End of discussion.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 23, 2017, 9:20:55 AM

Haha, the new vote is awesome for me. Can't wait to make a decision. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 23, 2017, 1:40:30 PM

I would love if they would include every variant so that if you find Obot there is an equal chance for him to be any of the four. Like, in your last game he was the Uplifter and in your next game, he travelled alone for the last millennia.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 23, 2017, 4:16:03 PM

That'd be difficult to code, for not much net gain.

In more important news: Go and post, people! The roleplay needs more activity.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 23, 2017, 11:22:52 PM

I was hoping Decius and Laudmas would weigh in on the 'what planets will we find' question, but I think I can post something.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 23, 2017, 11:35:05 PM

Perhaps I can pull something together tonight.

Perhaps not.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 24, 2017, 4:37:08 AM

Sorry, I'm not good with procrastination. Examples include:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg

Husband: Well honey, looks like it's time to move to another country.

Wife: What?! Again?!! What did you do again?

Husband: Nothing.

*FBI agents back away*

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/-GFRG-/discussions/0/135509472115662030/

"You're virgin. Virgins can accomplish great things except getting laid."

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 24, 2017, 5:29:58 AM

I'm quite enamored with Rogue Uplifter myself. I'm picturing OpBot teaching cavemen how to start fires.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 24, 2017, 5:30:51 AM
Tlaloc wrote:

I'm quite enamored with Rogue Uplifter myself. I'm picturing OpBot teaching cavemen how to start fires.

I am now picturing him giving a flamethrower to cavemen.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 24, 2017, 4:14:17 PM

I was more thinking of him, performing complicated brain surgery on them, with basic tools like sharp sticks and rocks, in order to increase their intelligence...

I don't know why, but uplifted description seemed to imply something more sinister and controversial than just teaching them how to make fire...

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 24, 2017, 4:40:55 PM

How you conduct brain surgery with sticks and rocks? :P

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 24, 2017, 7:25:39 PM

Very, very carefully, that's how.

I personally cannot see the Rogue Uplifter and Swarm Commander variants working out. OpBot just seems a little too loyal to the Vaulters to assimilate like those two variants say he does. I am fascinated by the Production Comptroller variant; that banner it talks about is obviously going to be a Vaulter flag, which begs the question; if he's not specifically a Vaulter hero, are the Vaulters actually going to be a minor faction or not? If no, then both the Comptroller variant and Lone Explorer just work out, because what else is he going to do without the Vaulters?

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 25, 2017, 10:12:29 AM

If he would be separated from his family, with no possibility to get back, like in the uplifter scenario, we would probably try to make the best out of his current situation, like in the uplifter scenario. S this one maks sense, after all, teaching them spaceflight also helps him in returning to his family.

The commander variant on the other hand, really just doesn't work... 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 27, 2017, 9:12:56 AM
Zennock wrote:

How you conduct brain surgery with sticks and rocks? :P

Ingredients you need:

1 stone knife (made by chipping a fist-sized piece of flint until you have a sharp edge)

1 stone drill (made by taking one of those flint chips and inserting it into a split end of a straight branch, then secure it by tying fiber around it)

lots of drugs (otherwise, the patient might complain about some unpleasant sensations)

plant leaves or leather strips useable as bandages

Then, you:

1. Shave the head of the patient so that the hair doesn't get into the way, using the stone knife.
  2. Choose a spot on the skull of the patient, usually one above an ear. Remove a circular patch of scalp with the knife, scraping off the flesh until the bare bone is revealed (it's very much recommended to have the patient heavily drugged for this step)
  3. Using the drill, bore one or more holes into the skull just exposed, until you can remove a piece of bone, so that there it a big enough hole.
  4. Let the evil spirits escape through the hole. Religious chanting as required.
  5. Cover the hole with healing herbs and the bandages. Give the patient a few days of rest.

If you think I'm kidding, I'm not. Stone-age peoples really did that. That's not the freaky part. The freaky part: Archaeologists found skulls with multiple trepanation marks, some of which were fully or partially healed. Which meant that people survived that procedure and went on to live a (relatively) healthy and happy life.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 27, 2017, 5:49:27 PM

I don't think that those are signs of brain surgery, rather remnants of fighting injuries, torture or religious practices.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 28, 2017, 9:16:56 AM
LordDarkon wrote:

I don't think that those are signs of brain surgery, rather remnants of fighting injuries, torture or religious practices.

That's actually a really clever idea. Wonder what the historians would say.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment