Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[OFF TOPIC] Are you a Space boy or a Space girl?

Space Boy
Space Girl
No i'm not from Space!
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 29, 2012, 7:45:42 PM
Oliolli wrote:
A laser cannon with high enough rate of fire (or a constant beam) and enough energy to power it for quite some time can hold off an army of Horatios for quite some time. Long enough to create an impassable barrier of Horatio-corpses.

That's ok because every try, a hero gets stronger and cloned. hmm.. There should be a name for that... The Immortals! smiley: biggrin Get it?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 4:51:11 AM
repbunny wrote:
That's ok because every try, a hero gets stronger and cloned. hmm.. There should be a name for that... The Immortals! smiley: biggrin Get it?

I'll assume that that is a reference to something that I don't get.

But anyway, while you've been charging at me and my lasr cannon the unstoppable technological juggernaut of the Sophon Empire has conquered all the systems in the galaxy, save for this one! Now they are coming to finish the job!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 12:39:04 PM
Oliolli wrote:
I'll assume that that is a reference to something that I don't get.

But anyway, while you've been charging at me and my lasr cannon the unstoppable technological juggernaut of the Sophon Empire has conquered all the systems in the galaxy, save for this one! Now they are coming to finish the job!

Here's a quote from wiki:

"Herodotus describes the 'Immortals' as being heavy infantry led by Hydarnes that were kept constantly at a strength of exactly 10,000 men. He claimed that the unit's name stemmed from the custom that every killed, seriously wounded or sick member was immediately replaced with a new one, maintaining the cohesion of the unit"

A Persian Army. I don't know if you watched films such as 300 or Immortals but that's the reference.

Horatios can clone their heroes
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 7:16:26 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
Off topic in off topic Oliolli and repbunny? smiley: stickouttongue Try not to derail the thread too much!

Bah! I've learned to the customs of the Bay 12 Forums and I'm not giving them up!

Over at Bay 12 derailing threads is something we do as a hobby, and no-one cares. Heck, even Toady One the Great himself accepts derailments (as long as we avoid derailmets heavy enough to cause passenger casualities)

You call this derail? You don't grasp the meaning of derail smiley: mad

One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. ‼VOLCANO‼. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.

Those were the topics of discussion in one thread... by the sixth page, at 15 posts per page. You accuse us of derailing this thread? HAH!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 3:36:43 PM
And yet another male here.

repbunny wrote:
Yeah I admit this is my first 4x game and the only reason this attracted me was some vague connection to my fondness to spore: space stage.

Didn't even connect spore once to ES. And even though spore was more of a children’s game the space stage was pretty serious in my opinion. You go crush your way to the galaxy core with heavy antimatter weaponry and just busting a few planets on your way if you're too lazy to go find that city for antimatter delivery. Damn I loved blowing up stuff in this game, never found a game with better possibilities to just crunch a planet if you feel like it. I want more games where I can blow up stuff so awesome the entire planet goes cracking.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 3:56:38 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
Off topic in off topic Oliolli and repbunny? smiley: stickouttongue Try not to derail the thread too much!

Just two space kids talking about whos space people are better. It is clearly mine and not Oliolli's
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 4:00:44 PM
KNC wrote:
And yet another male here.

Didn't even connect spore once to ES. And even though spore was more of a children’s game the space stage was pretty serious in my opinion. You go crush your way to the galaxy core with heavy antimatter weaponry and just busting a few planets on your way if you're too lazy to go find that city for antimatter delivery. Damn I loved blowing up stuff in this game, never found a game with better possibilities to just crunch a planet if you feel like it. I want more games where I can blow up stuff so awesome the entire planet goes cracking.

I do enjoy blowing up planets of the Grox. Not too often or people will hate me and my homeworld would be endangered while I was so far away.

I love that game because I was so good at trading spices. I like buying alliances and lifting races to make traveling to the center easier.

Oh don't forget the galaxy map!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 6:13:37 PM
repbunny wrote:
Just two space kids talking about whos space people are better. It is clearly mine and not Oliolli's

Maybe physically, but physical superiority is no match for technological superiority.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 8:16:31 PM
Oliolli wrote:
Maybe physically, but physical superiority is no match for technological superiority.

And what if technological superiority would lead to the physical one?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 11:27:46 PM
repbunny wrote:
I do enjoy blowing up planets of the Grox. Not too often or people will hate me and my homeworld would be endangered while I was so far away.

I love that game because I was so good at trading spices. I like buying alliances and lifting races to make traveling to the center easier.

Oh don't forget the galaxy map!

Yeah, trading blue or especially purple spice for huge amounts of money. But I never had problems with the Grox like that, war didn't produce more wars (unless I just didn't care). My mean main strategy was to fill up on the 3 bad ones (Planet Buster, M/AM Missile, M/AM Bomb) and then I went into the galaxy core in one rush, and settled right in the middle of Grox territory, place a uberturret and there was nothing they could do about it. And when you take the central system of the Grox you can travel without penalty in the galaxy core, which is obviously a huge advantage.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 4:33:21 AM
Goontor wrote:
And what if technological superiority would lead to the physical one?

Then I suppose it's a win/win. Augmentations for all members of the Sophon Empire!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 10:06:22 AM
So Somewhere around 5-7% of spacegirls around here.... well it's not that bad..... =D at least there are some ^____^
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 1:06:50 PM
VitunSuoPaska wrote:
So Somewhere around 5-7% of spacegirls around here.... well it's not that bad..... =D at least there are some ^____^

Few girls I know intensively play pc games, and even less of them (none) play 4x games and less of those (none) play turn based 4x games smiley: biggrin

SO... we can be happy with 7 girls, whoa!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 2:51:46 PM
adder wrote:
Few girls I know intensively play pc games, and even less of them (none) play 4x games and less of those (none) play turn based 4x games smiley: biggrin

SO... we can be happy with 7 girls, whoa!

Weird, since most of the girls I know who play anything, do play 4x and strategy games more than anything else, well maybe divided first place with rpgs.

oh and especially turn-based ones, cause they are more like puzzle games which seem to be also very much played among the female population.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 3:20:31 PM
I know heaps of girls that play a whole plethora of game genres (not limited to the casual, girly, typical games you'd mostly expect), and these women are from demanding university courses that force you to become outgoing and extroverted over time (sure beats the stereotypical girl gamer you see on the internetz). >_>

But yeah I do agree, the larger majority of girls play puzzle, casual or social games. Nothing wrong with that, but not exactly what I'd aspire for :P
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment