Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Offtopic] - Endless Cuisine

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 9:58:37 AM
Homemade uhm.. ehh.. casserole with mushrooms and minced meat

Brown the minced meat in a pan, add LOTS of chopped onions (i prefer red onions in this one, but most types will do..) in medium bits (not to big, not to small). Then Brown the champignon and add it to a casserole with the minced meat and onions. Now you add "tomato puree" and then aboute 4dl of cream, a bit of water (so it doesnt get to thick). boil it for 10 minuttes and your good to go 8)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 10:02:34 AM
porridge. lots of porridge. and maybe some bread + cheese later. i'm a simple soul XD
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM
One simple recipe:

You only need:

and:

Melt them in a bowl and simply enjoy it!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 2:09:42 PM
Randeng wrote:
One simple recipe:

You only need:

and:

Melt them in a bowl and simply enjoy it!

Now I understand what you meant with "student food"... o_O
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 10:36:45 PM
Antulamatsch wrote:
Kelloggs *yummy* smiley: smile

Don't tell me you're also on "student diet"? o_O
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 1:18:51 AM
I've got addicted to muesli as breakfast. It takes your hunger away for hours. Eat a bowl of muesli and couple of fresh fruit sliced in there + milk and you feel hunger next time in the afternoon. : ) It is also healthy. I think..
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 5:17:47 AM
Yes, in summer, i usually put strawberries in it, and it's soooooooo delicious!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 10:42:35 AM
At the moment I am cooking some fresh Bamboo.

Just pop into a simple pan and add some soy sauce (shoyu) and some fish flakes.

Any country you live the later two ingredients must be available at your local Asian store.

The former will be a bit harder.

But just boil/steam them for a few hours, and delight will be yours!

What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?

Just a quick question.

Because I love food and want to taste everything out there if possible!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 10:47:30 AM
That hast to be the best thread in all of the forum.

I'm currently eating Spaghetti with a Salmon/Sour Cream/onion sauce, spiced with oregano, pepper and bell pepper powder.

I dont think I have to provide a howto everybody who can cook noodles can make this, but let me assure you.. its delicious smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 9:03:18 AM
Sharidann wrote:
Didn't say the wine was for you. smiley: smile

As long as you don't hold it under my nose, I'm glad if you get rid of it for me. :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 11:04:55 AM
Antulamatsch wrote:
Nope, but for breakfast there is nothing better than Kelloggs ^^

No advertising please. (Just kidding)

I hate you all: I am super hungry.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 11:38:46 AM
Pfff LIES! we all know you get homemade cookies AND cake everyday!!! ;p

Steph'nie wrote:

0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 12:11:30 PM
Steph'nie wrote:

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... my evil scheme to make everyone hungry finally starts to pay off. Now I'll just have to remember buying food company stocks...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 1:02:12 PM
For this episode of cooking with slar the craver we will make Sophon cookies:

This recipe is a craver classic, but definetly a time consuming recipe, as you have to conquer atleast 1/2 the galaxy inorder to gather all the ingredients, but It is worth it. Think about this, you sit down to craver christmas, 1/2 the galaxy at your feet, your little cravelings running around opening up their presents. After you open them all up, the cravelings and mama craver and nana craver are all going to turn you and ask for their Sophon cookies. Remember Sophon cookies, when a Haratio pie, JUST won't do.

These cookies will be almost as good as nana cravers, but you must remember Fresh ingredients are paramount. You know what nana craver always said "Fresh is best. Would you enjoy eating that sophon, if you couldn't hear him scream?"

Sophon Cookies

Makes about 36.

Ingredients:

1 cup Sophon spread

1/2 cup Hissho sugar, firmly packed

1 cup UE sugar

2-3 table spoons of Sophon milk, from a freshly squeezed sophon (please no store bought sophon milk).

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup whole-wheat flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

2 cups rolled Horatio oats, dry

Instructions:

If you are like me and REQUIRE all fresh ingredience, see lasts weeks show on how to make fresh Sophon spread.

Preheat oven to 350 F (177 c) degrees. Just a note: for a thicker cookie, as pictured above, cut the milk requirement. Begin by beating together the spread, sugars, milk, vanilla, and salt. In separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, oats, and raisins. Combine the two bowls well. Roll dough into small balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the pan for 3 minutes. Transfer to wire rack.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 1:04:22 PM
btw that was a joke. When I think cravers and endless cuisine lol I thought of sophon cookies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:02:24 PM
Slar wrote:
btw that was a joke. When I think cravers and endless cuisine lol I thought of sophon cookies.

Probably with chocolate. I hate chocolate on cookies, did I already mention that? ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:06:48 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Probably with chocolate. I hate chocolate on cookies, did I already mention that? ^^

and that is why I am evil, i put in chocolate *evil laughter ensues*
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:15:22 PM
BTW: There is an off-topic board - click here to check it out. As for what I am currently slopping into my face while playing ES - it's good old fashioned BBQ chicken and red beans and rice baby! Yeah! smiley: biggrin And Slar, don't forget that one can add Amoeba jelly filling to the Sophon cookies to make Sophon Dandies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 10:16:59 PM
Mtwo wrote:
Well,it's Greece.I should probably be ok.

I fear that is an international problem and it works like this, even for undergrads: http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1484

Our cantine definitely cooks very well the first two weeks of each new semester, afterwards it is back to usual.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:22:13 PM
We really need an off topic board, no offence of course, it sounds yummy!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:22:14 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
I'm currently consuming selfmade applesauce with cinnamon and a touch of lemon on spaghetti (please Italians, don't kill me!), so I just had to know what freaky nourishment you people might like to consume.

In other words: Tell us what you're eating or even better, cooking. smiley: wink

Recipes encouraged!

Of course, to stay at least a bit ontopic, state which of our beloved alien races pointing with a laser on you and a rumbling stomach you'd try to appease with your fine meal. :P

Nos selfmade applesauce:

Take 5 small and rather sour apples, peel and gut them.

Put a kettle on the stove, with about half a centimeter water on the bottom, on medium heat.

Cut the peeled and gutted apples into quarters and throw them in the kettle. Put a bit of lemonjuice on that and wait til it starts to nearly boil.

Then mash the apples with any equipment capable of grinding them down without injuring yourself with splashes of boiling water...

Keep it on the slow boil for a quarter of an hour, mix in cinnamon powder to your liking, then serve.

For me: A good candidate as an alternative to a tomato spaghetti sauce!

Which race would I serve it to?

Sophons of course, they seem quite the experimental bunch. While they try to taste every flavor, I'll take my leave. ^^

Haha,they will take a while.

btw,shouldn't there be an off topic part of forum?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:23:09 PM
Not yet, but this is my little way to promote the idea a bit. *coughs* I didn't say nothing!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:24:11 PM
I'm in "student mode" and you're talking about cooking??? I can't even make a beefsteak, always eating "micro-waves food", you're so malicious...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:25:02 PM
Randeng wrote:
I'm in "student mode" and you're talking about cooking??? I can't even make a beefsteak, always eating "micro-waves food", you're so malicious...

Thank you, but as a phd-student I have to tell you that some students CAN cook and will even do so, if they have the time. Or the cantine is so bad...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:26:10 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Thank you, but as a phd-student I have to tell you that some students CAN cook and will even do so, if they have the time. Or the cantine is so bad...

I can't imagine what horrid things I might cook if the fast food restaurants and cantines are that bad.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:36:31 PM
Mtwo wrote:
I can't imagine what horrid things I might cook if the fast food restaurants and cantines are that bad.

Ever had spaetzle cooked together with sauerkraut? That is one horrible combination, I tell you... o_o
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:37:34 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Ever had spaetzle cooked together with sauerkraut? That is one horrible combination, I tell you... o_o

My time for university still hasn't come.I am too young.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:49:17 PM
Mtwo wrote:
My time for university still hasn't come.I am too young.

Then I very much hope for the sake of your stomach and intestines that you'll never ever have to experience the horrors of a bad cantine. Seriously.

Anyways, I just see chatter and nothing edible. :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:52:54 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Then I very much hope for the sake of your stomach and intestines that you'll never ever have to experience the horrors of a bad cantine. Seriously.

Anyways, I just see chatter and nothing edible. :P

Well,it's Greece.I should probably be ok.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:20:46 PM
I'm currently consuming selfmade applesauce with cinnamon and a touch of lemon on spaghetti (please Italians, don't kill me!), so I just had to know what freaky nourishment you people might like to consume.

In other words: Tell us what you're eating or even better, cooking. smiley: wink

Recipes encouraged!

Of course, to stay at least a bit ontopic, state which of our beloved alien races pointing with a laser on you and a rumbling stomach you'd try to appease with your fine meal. :P

Nos selfmade applesauce:

Take 5 small and rather sour apples, peel and gut them.

Put a kettle on the stove, with about half a centimeter water on the bottom, on medium heat.

Cut the peeled and gutted apples into quarters and throw them in the kettle. Put a bit of lemonjuice on that and wait til it starts to nearly boil.

Then mash the apples with any equipment capable of grinding them down without injuring yourself with splashes of boiling water...

Keep it on the slow boil for a quarter of an hour, mix in cinnamon powder to your liking, then serve.

For me: A good candidate as an alternative to a tomato spaghetti sauce!

Which race would I serve it to?

Sophons of course, they seem quite the experimental bunch. While they try to taste every flavor, I'll take my leave. ^^
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 12:44:27 AM
Nosferatiel wrote:
I'm currently consuming .....and a touch of lemon on spaghetti (please Italians, don't kill me!),

as long as you eat the spagetti o's with the little circle pasta the italians will not kill yah.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 12:51:09 AM
Since avocados are coming into season in the US, let me share with you my relatively healthy snack!

1. Put two pieces of bread in the toaster. While that is going...

1. Take an avocado and peel it, throwing away the pit. If you can, sprinkle lime juice on one half, ziploc it and save it in the fridge for another batch later.

2. Cut the remaining half into into small pieces.

3. Sprinkle in some lime juice, garlic salt, and some red pepper flakes for those of you who like a bit of heat.

4. Mash the avocado with a fork (Just push down on the chunks and let it mash between the tines. I find it works well for small batches like this).

5. Don't burn your toast. Get it out!

6. Spread the avocado mixture on your two pieces of toast. Enjoy!

For those of you who avoid red meat often, this is a great source of "good" monounsaturated fats and potassium! Several studies suggest that an avocado-rich diet might help lower cholesterol. Try this spread on sandwiches in place of meat, you might be surprised!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 3:58:39 AM
Randeng wrote:

Hm, as a student you should know that always "micro-waves food" is not so good... smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 4:12:41 AM
My heart goes out to you single guys...us old married guys got it made in the shade...which shade is mostly beneath my well-stuffed midsection nowadays. smiley: biggrin Anyway, my favorite foods are typically steak, ribs and roast chicken...not all at once of course. My wife makes a wonderful vegetable borscht which is so healthy it has actually dropped my cholesterol over time.

Stay away from that fast food, its a killer!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 6:35:26 AM
Chick magnet! smiley: smile

Works like a charm...

Oohhh you can cook... *bats eyelashes*....

Just ... don't forget the wine. smiley: stickouttongue

Nosferatiel wrote:
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 6:38:46 AM
More seriously, don't get me started on cooking. smiley: smile

I really enjoy it and use friends as guinea pigs. Nobody died yet! smiley: smile

Can't really give recipes as it really depends of my mood, of the season and so on... But I usually do a vegetable stew in the warm season (ratatouille for the french people among us) quite often.

What I like is rumpsteak in pepper sauce, any kind of fish...

Not trying to be too elaborate but enjoying cooking and eating ... which explains why I spend some time running every week. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:01:01 AM
Sharidann wrote:
Chick magnet! smiley: smile

Works like a charm...

Oohhh you can cook... *bats eyelashes*....

Just ... don't forget the wine. smiley: stickouttongue

I don't drink. Never. You can chase me around with wine worse than with chocolate-covered cookies!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:14:46 AM
Didn't say the wine was for you. smiley: smile

Nosferatiel wrote:
I don't drink. Never. You can chase me around with wine worse than with chocolate-covered cookies!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:44:40 AM
Drinking, beh. I've got a bad liver and a lack of taste for the stuff. smiley: wink That being said - COOKING! COOKING! Oh, be still my beating heart; how I doth love thee. Tis truly the best invention of any civilization ever, and the one most likely to join us amongst the stars. Tonight - penne pasta with shaved orange rind and steamed summer squash, dried tomatoes and a light butter sauce. I shall bequeath it to the glory of the Hissho, for it is they I have been playing recently! Now I could really go for some blue cheese, hrmn... Or cheese, in general...

Er, anyway! Cooking is good. If you don't know how to do it, learn. You save loads of money by cooking on your own and/or it impresses people and/or it's fun!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment